preload button hover image:
HomeSearchRankingsStatisticsAboutContact
Current Time: Dec 18, 2018, 02:47:22 pm
 Mount&Blade Repository » Modding Tools » M&B Item Editor
      
Registration is not required to download. However, it will allow you to vote, comment, and request upload access. Forgot your password?
View this file on the M&B NexusFile Listing: M&B Item Editor
Last Updated: May 04, 2011, 06:29:39 pm
First Created: Oct 27, 2007, 08:17:57 am
File version: 1.0.0.1
For M&B version: Multiple
Downloads: 39,992 (96,970) Size: 27.6 KB
Views: 75,553 (144,396) Type: ZIP
Rating (5 votes): 4.9 / 5.0
Description
This utility edits item_kinds1.txt directly and allows for editing, inserting, and deleting items without having to mess with Python scripts. BACK UP YOUR ITEM_KINDS1.TXT FILE BEFORE USING!!!


Features
  • Edit, add, and delete items
  • Allows changing of item flags, capabilities, and modifiers
  • Limited support for triggers
  • Auto-calculate weapon speed, damage, difficulty and cost


File History
Fixed bug where edited damage values would not save

Mon, Nov-19-2007

No longer tries to default to <root>:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules\Native, but should remember last folder opened.

Can now edit .808 version of file with one caveat - the file seems to be the exact same format except for triggers, so if you load up a .808 file and save it, you will loose all triggers. You can add them back in manually if you want, but don't try to add them through the editor or you will probably crash the game.

Tue, Nov-20-2007

Added item numbers to all items for easier identification when modifying troops/parties

Fixed bug where editing inserted was quirky (sometimes edits affected item that was cloned).

Fri, Apr-04-2008

Should work for older versions (.800+) still. Triggers still will not work for .890+, but the only native items using them are the flintlock and torch. There is some partial language support, but not working totally yet.

Why a new version? Some foreign (non-US) users could not get it to work. I guess Windows has regional settings, and if you live in a place where a thousands separator is "." as opposed to "," and where the decimal indicator is "," as opposed to ".", the program would die trying to read decimal data. This version forces the numeric parsing to expect US style numbers as is used in the items file.

Just unzip the editor and the settings.xml into the same directory.

Tue, May-06-2008

-Reverted trigger handling to simpler interface. Triggers show up as text lines that you can edit or ignore to your hearts content. Very few triggers were valid for items anyways, and it makes this compatible with older versions (Possibly even .751?) This also means that there is no control on triggers, you can type whatever you want there, so be careful.

-Added application config file

-Config file has autoSave option. When turned on, every time you use the "Save File" option, it will back up your current file first. For example, saving "item_kinds1.txt" would create "item_kinds1.txt_20080506_095501". Obviously, the date/time stamp varies depending on when you save it

-Added language support. In the config file, you define a language file. Use key "languageFile" and a value pointing to the location of the file. The file layout is pretty simple. Use the "english.lang" file as a template. The file contains entries such as "Save_File=". If you change this to "Save_File=Avesay Ilefay", then the editor will show "Avesay Ilefay" where it originally showed "Save File". Be warned: the variables are case sensitive. So if you change the entry to "save_file=test", "test" will not show up because "save" and "file" were not capitalized. If you mispell an entry, leave it blank, or delete an entry, it will used default values.

Thu, May-08-2008

-Fixed one more regional setting bug. Some PC's with "." as thousands separator and "," as decimal separator would screw up item weights when saving. Hopefully this will fix that issue

Sat, May-10-2008

-Fixed bug where using the translation feature for terms "Blunt", "Pierce", and "Cut" could screw up Thrust and Swing damages.

Mon, May-19-2008

Item file changed for .952, so this will not work with it at present. Still works for .951 and earlier.

Mon, May-19-2008

Changed to work for .952. The item modifiers changed. Included in ZIP are 2 language files, english.lang (use for pre .952) and english_.952.lang (for .952). As you can see in the files, there are many more modifiers, although only about half appear to be used.


Fri, May-30-2008

The repository automatically marked all downloads designed for .951 to .952, but the item file modifiers had changed significantly making the editor incompatible. I released a new version May-19th, but then the repository subsequently changed the downloads' version compatabilities back to .951, leading many people to think that my editor is still not compatible with .952.

So this is just a notice that this DOES work with .952, and even .953. It is still backwards compatible as well. See the update just above for details. Make sure to have the config file point to english_.952.lang for .952+, and to english.lang for .951 and prior.

Sat, Jul-05-2008

Since I've been asked a few times, yes this still works for .960. Make sure to have the config file point to english_.952 unless using for a version pre .952.

Thu, Sep-18-2008

-Yes, still works for 1.0. The only change was to the Language file to accomodate the new item modifiers (Lordly, Master, and Champion). Use English_1.0 for 1.0, use english_.952.lang .952-.960, and english.lang for pre .952.

Tue, May-03-2011

Totally reworked version - should work for the original game (later versions) and for Warband. Some minor differences in functionality:

- filtering by flags/capabilities/modifiers/text

- Export/import to CSV file. When you export, it does NOT include factions, meshes, or triggers. You can make edits via a spreadsheet program like Excel, and then import your changes back into the program to apply to the current open items file. You cannot insert new items via this method, only update items. The column names are important when importing, although you can move columns around and resort the items if you wish. The import function keys off the itemNumber column, so as long as it is present, the order of the items/columns doesn't matter, but if that column is missing, the import function will do nothing. Also, you can remove columns you don't wish to update.

-Better multi-language support. The best method to translate the text is to open the editor, open a file, and then select "Languages/Create Language Settings File". This will generate an XML with all translatable text in the editor. You can change what you want by editing the XML. When done, if you save the XML in the same directory as the EXE as ItemEditor.EXE.language.XML, it will load your translations automatically the next time you run the editor. You can also select "Languages/Load Language Settings File" to load your translations at any time.

-"Tools/Clone Item" will clone the current item to the end of the items list (or in Warband it will place it second to last).

-"Tools/Revert Item" will revert the current item back to it's original state as long as you haven't updated the item yet by selecting another item.

FYI, weapon attribute auto-calculation is not included as I don't think anyone was using it anyways

Wed, May-04-2011
Bug fixes for:

-attribute editing - was using the wrong edit control; weight (double) and other controls (ulong) were reversed

-revert item - now reverts unless file saved

-File save prompt should only appear if changes made to current open file
Commands
More From This Author
Comments (Page 2 of 3)
IP: logged
 Re: M&B Item Editor  » posted by Ruthven on Jul 13, 2008, 02:05:57 pm
it's not working for me either. I have .net framework,and I can open it, but there is no list of items anywhere. I read there was a drop down box, and I can see it, but it doesn't open. any help?
IP: logged
 Re: M&B Item Editor  » posted by Lucayen on Jul 15, 2008, 11:51:12 am
Im trying to add an own shield but i only costs 1 denar, has 0/1693hp and you cant use it or see it. Help ME! :-(
IP: logged
 Re: M&B Item Editor  » posted by Marqui on Sep 22, 2008, 09:03:24 am
Great tool.
I've always hated not being able to switch my 1h wep to 2h when used without shield (and vice versa), or use some weapon's blunt side to attack.
IP: logged
 Re: M&B Item Editor  » posted by Archangel Of Death on Oct 11, 2008, 08:45:36 pm
any chance of using to to make 2 swords that you attack with at the same time? Attach to left hand for one maybe?
IP: logged
 Re: M&B Item Editor  » posted by Ascarona on Oct 13, 2008, 10:07:14 am
Are there tutorials for adding guns with this? I need a musket in my game ;)
IP: logged
 M&B Item Editor  » posted by Laedend Riht on Jan 04, 2009, 02:57:50 pm
Guns do not appear in shops even if you do tick merchandise.
IP: logged
 M&B Item Editor  » posted by Laedend Riht on Jan 04, 2009, 03:00:22 pm
May i please put this itemeditor in a modders kit?
IP: logged
 Re: M&B Item Editor  » posted by jordan on Jan 20, 2009, 10:39:49 pm
Go ahead.
IP: logged
 M&B Item Editor (v 0.79)  » posted by Jellypoke on Dec 05, 2009, 10:57:46 am
Okay, so I've got my Item Editor. Its working fine, but how do I insert the mod I wish to edit? In troop editor, you just click browse then select a mod. But I've looked and I can't find the way to insert your mod. Please help. :-(
IP: logged
 Re: M&B Item Editor  » posted by Jellypoke on Dec 05, 2009, 11:00:21 am
Ascarona wrote:
Are there tutorials for adding guns with this? I need a musket in my game ;)
You can just take a mod like Age of Blackpowder then edit that for guns. Then you can use the Unoffical Troop Editor to edit the troops and give them different guns, or use the Item Editor to put the guns you have taken and put them in stores. :-D
IP: logged
 M&B Item Editor (v 0.79)  » posted by Excel5450 on Apr 09, 2010, 08:43:27 am
hi everyone, i'm new to the forum but i downloaded some things..... if you want to add pistols and muskets to the game follow these instructions ====> open up your "Module.ini" file in X\Mount & Blade\Modules\Native or any other mod and look for the line: "display_wp_firearms = 0" change the "0" to a "1" and then save it :green: . now... start the editor and look for the weapon: ie. Flintlock_Pistol,select it and on the menu on the right look for "merchandise" and check the box near it :hammer: .(edit the weapon as you like) then on the menu on the top look for "Edit -> Insert - >Here" and make some duplicates so it will be not so rare then just save :hammer: . f it worked gimme a beer :pint: . sorry for the shit i typed i'm hungarian and only 13 :green: . FOR ME WORKS 100%
IP: logged
 M&B Item Editor (v 0.79)  » posted by AlexDragon on Jan 30, 2011, 06:18:13 am
WHY DON:T U MAKE THIS WORK IN MOUNT AND BLADE 1.011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP: logged
 M&B Item Editor (v 1.0.0.0)  » posted by AlexDragon on May 04, 2011, 02:23:40 pm
u are the best. I really thought this will never update . THnak you.
IP: logged
 M&B Item Editor (v 1.0.0.1)  » posted by Aelithus on Jun 30, 2012, 02:09:40 pm
I am as new as one could possibly be to this kind of stuff. How do I use this???
IP: logged
 M&B Item Editor (v 1.0.0.1)  » posted by DatrixTSW on Dec 04, 2012, 07:01:31 pm
This doesn't work for the Diplomacy Mod... I wish I could figure out why, Its not like the native weapons have all changed. it gives me this error message?


System.FormatException: Input String was not in correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at MBTools.ItemFile.LoadFile(String path)
at MBTools.ItemFile..ctor(String path)
at WindowsFormsApplication1.Main.openTooStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)


I'm not sure if this would be your itemeditor that is a problem or the Diplomacy Modders problem, let me know...
IP: logged
 M&B Item Editor (v 1.0.0.1)  » posted by jordan on Dec 04, 2012, 10:09:10 pm
DatrixTSW,

The error you posted indicates that the program could not parse an integer from the item file you tried to load. Basically, all the attributes are stored as text, but should be readable numbers. In the item file you loaded, where my program expected a numeric value, it found something incorrect. For example, a sword might have a damage value of 50, but if it says 5A in the file, this kind of error would result.

If the item file loads OK in the game still, I'm confused as to what it could be, because I would think the game would have the same problem. Feel free to email your item file, and I can take a look in the debugger to find out what item/attribute is causing the problem.
IP: logged
 Re: M&B Item Editor (v 1.0.0.1)  » posted by DatrixTSW on Dec 05, 2012, 02:28:17 pm
jordan wrote:
DatrixTSW,

The error you posted indicates that the program could not parse an integer from the item file you tried to load. Basically, all the attributes are stored as text, but should be readable numbers. In the item file you loaded, where my program expected a numeric value, it found something incorrect. For example, a sword might have a damage value of 50, but if it says 5A in the file, this kind of error would result.

If the item file loads OK in the game still, I'm confused as to what it could be, because I would think the game would have the same problem. Feel free to email your item file, and I can take a look in the debugger to find out what item/attribute is causing the problem.
Jordan,

what is your e-mail then?

Also, I think I found a minor discrepancy in the itemkinds1.txt file for the diplomacy file it seems that 4 items are below the end_item and shouldn't have been there so I fixed it and now they are above the item_end (or end_item). Will this fix it only "time will tell (the creeper)". :lol: . However I highly doubt it would be that easy to fix that and itemeditor work with the file so easily.

Edit: Tried it didn't work... oh well time to find that discrepancy where should I look in the file if I was to look or should I just scan the entire file?

12/7/12
Edit: Or am I talking to a wall now?
comment last edited by DatrixTSW on Dec 07, 2012, 02:36:16 pm
IP: logged
 Re: M&B Item Editor (v 1.0.0.1)  » posted by jordan on Dec 07, 2012, 05:12:11 pm
DatrixTSW wrote:
jordan wrote:
DatrixTSW,

The error you posted indicates that the program could not parse an integer from the item file you tried to load. Basically, all the attributes are stored as text, but should be readable numbers. In the item file you loaded, where my program expected a numeric value, it found something incorrect. For example, a sword might have a damage value of 50, but if it says 5A in the file, this kind of error would result.

If the item file loads OK in the game still, I'm confused as to what it could be, because I would think the game would have the same problem. Feel free to email your item file, and I can take a look in the debugger to find out what item/attribute is causing the problem.
Jordan,

what is your e-mail then?

Also, I think I found a minor discrepancy in the itemkinds1.txt file for the diplomacy file it seems that 4 items are below the end_item and shouldn't have been there so I fixed it and now they are above the item_end (or end_item). Will this fix it only "time will tell (the creeper)". :lol: . However I highly doubt it would be that easy to fix that and itemeditor work with the file so easily.

Edit: Tried it didn't work... oh well time to find that discrepancy where should I look in the file if I was to look or should I just scan the entire file?

12/7/12
Edit: Or am I talking to a wall now?
If I can recall, my email should show in the 'About' menu option. I'm not home at the moment, so I can't check at present.
IP: logged
 Re: M&B Item Editor (v 1.0.0.1)  » posted by DatrixTSW on Dec 08, 2012, 01:31:20 am
jordan wrote:
DatrixTSW wrote:
jordan wrote:
DatrixTSW,

The error you posted indicates that the program could not parse an integer from the item file you tried to load. Basically, all the attributes are stored as text, but should be readable numbers. In the item file you loaded, where my program expected a numeric value, it found something incorrect. For example, a sword might have a damage value of 50, but if it says 5A in the file, this kind of error would result.

If the item file loads OK in the game still, I'm confused as to what it could be, because I would think the game would have the same problem. Feel free to email your item file, and I can take a look in the debugger to find out what item/attribute is causing the problem.
Jordan,

what is your e-mail then?

Also, I think I found a minor discrepancy in the itemkinds1.txt file for the diplomacy file it seems that 4 items are below the end_item and shouldn't have been there so I fixed it and now they are above the item_end (or end_item). Will this fix it only "time will tell (the creeper)". :lol: . However I highly doubt it would be that easy to fix that and itemeditor work with the file so easily.

Edit: Tried it didn't work... oh well time to find that discrepancy where should I look in the file if I was to look or should I just scan the entire file?

12/7/12
Edit: Or am I talking to a wall now?
If I can recall, my email should show in the 'About' menu option. I'm not home at the moment, so I can't check at present.

I should have done this sooner but I uploaded the itemkinds1.txt file to my angelfire website so here is the link for it:
itemkinds1.txt

12/09/12
Edit: What kind of debugger program do you use to find out errors in the code with Mount and Blade Mods So I might be able to do it too?
comment last edited by DatrixTSW on Dec 09, 2012, 12:44:37 am
IP: logged
 Re: M&B Item Editor (v 1.0.0.1)  » posted by jordan on Dec 09, 2012, 09:31:50 pm
DatrixTSW wrote:
jordan wrote:
DatrixTSW wrote:
jordan wrote:
DatrixTSW,

The error you posted indicates that the program could not parse an integer from the item file you tried to load. Basically, all the attributes are stored as text, but should be readable numbers. In the item file you loaded, where my program expected a numeric value, it found something incorrect. For example, a sword might have a damage value of 50, but if it says 5A in the file, this kind of error would result.

If the item file loads OK in the game still, I'm confused as to what it could be, because I would think the game would have the same problem. Feel free to email your item file, and I can take a look in the debugger to find out what item/attribute is causing the problem.
Jordan,

what is your e-mail then?

Also, I think I found a minor discrepancy in the itemkinds1.txt file for the diplomacy file it seems that 4 items are below the end_item and shouldn't have been there so I fixed it and now they are above the item_end (or end_item). Will this fix it only "time will tell (the creeper)". :lol: . However I highly doubt it would be that easy to fix that and itemeditor work with the file so easily.

Edit: Tried it didn't work... oh well time to find that discrepancy where should I look in the file if I was to look or should I just scan the entire file?

12/7/12
Edit: Or am I talking to a wall now?
If I can recall, my email should show in the 'About' menu option. I'm not home at the moment, so I can't check at present.

I should have done this sooner but I uploaded the itemkinds1.txt file to my angelfire website so here is the link for it:
itemkinds1.txt

12/09/12
Edit: What kind of debugger program do you use to find out errors in the code with Mount and Blade Mods So I might be able to do it too?
The debugger is built into visual studios with which I wrote the code. You wouldn't be able to use it unless you have the source code for the app you want to debug. I'll take a look at your file now.
Showing comments 21 to 40 of 44 Showing Page 2 of 3  <  1  2  3  > 
HomeSearchRankingsStatisticsAboutContact

Hosted by Hypernia.
Website © 2018 FenriSoft. The core site script is PHCDownload (© 2005-2018).