preload button hover image:
HomeSearchRankingsStatisticsAboutContact
Current Time: Sep 22, 2018, 01:02:58 pm
 Mount&Blade Repository » Mods » Large » The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (for MnB 1.011)
      
Registration is not required to download. However, it will allow you to vote, comment, and request upload access. Forgot your password?
View this file on the M&B NexusFile Listing: The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (for MnB 1.011)
Last Updated: Oct 31, 2011, 03:12:18 pm
First Created: Oct 31, 2011, 02:24:54 pm
File version: 3.0
For M&B version: 1.010/1.011
Downloads: 48,913 (49,025) Size: 362.91 MB
Views: 156,614 (156,946) Type: 7Z
Home:  TLD forums
Rating (22 votes): 4.0 / 5.0
Description
TLD_logo.png

The Last Days of the Third Age is a mod for Mount & Blade 1.011 set in J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle Earth during the War of the Ring.

There are far too many features to be listed here!

A preliminary start up guide, which includes an install guide, can be found in the TLD 3.0 Manual FAQ.pdf

IMPORTANT: this version is just the first pre-Beta release of 3.0!
It should be playable to the end, but huge quantities of bugs are expected.
Also, tuning and balancing problems.
Hotfixes are also likely in the very near future.


Patch from 3.0 to 3.01 can be downloaded here: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3370

Troubleshooting:

Problem: crashes at start-up saying something about "windy-flora"?

This Mod has to launched with the Iron Launcher ("IronLauncher.exe") that comes with it, not the usual "Mount and Blade.exe".
You can find it inside the TLD module folder. News: if that doesn't work, try right-clicking on it and "run as administrator".


Problem: the Iron Launcher doesn't work

Answer 1: You got that this mod is for 1.011, right?
Answer 2: Be awaree that it sometimes takes a while to kick in.)
Answer 3: Failing everything else, there is a sequence of steps you can do to bypass the launcher, in the manual above.
Commands
More From This Author
Comments (Page 3 of 5)
IP: logged
 The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (v 3.0)  » posted by bruno_hoffmann1 on Nov 11, 2011, 03:35:51 pm
First of all, thx for the mod, the best i've played!


I have some problems with the mod: in battles the game stop and crashes and, some times, when i try to save the game it stop and crashes too... I have tryed low the graphics but it still with the same problem. I dont think my computer is the problem, he is capable enough to run this mod: AMD Phenon II X6 1100T, 8G of memory, 1T of HD and Sapphire Radeon HD6870.


Any solutions?
IP: logged
 Re: The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (v 3.0)  » posted by nweoooosh on Nov 11, 2011, 07:48:27 pm
Armut Asil wrote:
@nweooosh

Sorry about that :-( The polished landscape is real PC killer...
Try this...worthy : http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2503.0.html?PHPSESSID=rvb46ivck796kjovfm3aifbg56

Thanks for the tips, Armut. I already use most of them just to play plain M&B ;-)
But as I said I might have access to a better computer in a couple of months. I prefer to wait to experience this mod in all (or most) of its glory.
IP: logged
 The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (v 3.0)  » posted by Sapherno11 on Nov 13, 2011, 11:02:39 pm
I have a question about this. Is Moria still not done yet? When i start as the elves men or dwarves, and try to infiltrate Moria, i get to the inner hall through the secret passage, but after that its completely and utterly Black inside, to the point i just wander around. Is there a fix for this? My thought was we had to earn the Phial of Galadrial, and return there, but i haven't earned enough to get it just yet.

Secondly, and i know you just released this, and i'd love to see more updates for this *HUGE LOTR FAN* but is there any chance of porting this to warband?

If not, i don't care, i reinstalled MnB JUST for this mod, that shows how much i freaking love this <3

Thirdly, is it possible to change your attack direction to be movement keys like in warband? or is that pretty much no?

Lastly....holy..crap...you guys, did an AMAZING job. I went to Minas Tirith honestly expecting shoddy remeshes, or not even remeshes at all, and then i appeared on a blank field. First thought as i start riding forward was, "Wow...this is bullshit, i can't believe...i...." And then I saw it...the White City....not gonna lie, i teared up and almost started crying at seeing just how awesome and well done you did this. Please, please please put more patches into this if possible, and i'll assist any way i can, though...i have no skills T.T...just don't let it die, i'm beggin yah!
IP: logged
 The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (v 3.0)  » posted by netsuke on Nov 14, 2011, 01:38:48 am
Why can not my character to have banners ? :-(
IP: logged
 The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (v 3.0)  » posted by lagzka on Nov 14, 2011, 12:32:56 pm
This mod is a must-have for any M&B fan :hammer:

Kudos to TLD team for creating one of the best M&B mods of all time. Thank you.
IP: logged
 The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (v 3.0)  » posted by SilRett on Nov 15, 2011, 05:16:01 am
i downloaded and did what was needed but when i play it it says unable to find technique mtarini_snowy_map?
IP: logged
 The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (v 3.0)  » posted by VincentK on Nov 20, 2011, 12:25:40 pm
can somebody help me i can only see like 1/3 of the letters
IP: logged
 The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (v 3.0)  » posted by Benjammin on Nov 21, 2011, 08:39:28 pm
TEXT IS BROKEN!!! >:(
IP: logged
 Re: The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (v 3.0)  » posted by Merlkir on Nov 22, 2011, 02:52:34 am
Benjammin wrote:
TEXT IS BROKEN!!! >:(

It is not. You installed it wrong.
IP: logged
 The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (v 3.0)  » posted by drakorus28 on Nov 26, 2011, 07:54:40 pm
ok so im a noob at mods and i just learned how to use .rar and zip folders, but how do i use this, i downloaded it but its not a folder, its just one file??? :oops:
comment last edited by drakorus28 on Nov 26, 2011, 07:56:31 pm
IP: logged
 Re: The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (v 3.0)  » posted by Knight Inquisitor on Dec 20, 2011, 09:51:05 am
drakorus28 wrote:
ok so im a noob at mods and i just learned how to use .rar and zip folders, but how do i use this, i downloaded it but its not a folder, its just one file??? :oops:

yes ... and it's "7z" file which means it's gonna be extracted with "7z extractor", found here: http://download.cnet.com/7-Zip/3000-2250_4-10045185.html.

now, all you have to do is to read the instruction how to unzip and install the file to the instruction the author has made. and, it will work.


Btw, the mod is pretty buggy so I shall wait for an upgrade. It has no sense to play it now.
comment last edited by Knight Inquisitor on Dec 20, 2011, 09:57:17 am
IP: logged
 Re: The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (v 3.0)  » posted by Knight Inquisitor on Dec 22, 2011, 12:59:29 pm
Merlkir wrote:
Benjammin wrote:
TEXT IS BROKEN!!! >:(

It is not. You installed it wrong.


It IS broken. It works for the first time until you change the territory and then it crashes. I have barely seen what is written on the screen. But, it's not the only problem 'bout the game. I have few hints more:

1. textures are too strong. when i fight in the forests it's slowing down my computer so hard. I have a very strong configuration so it's not problem made by me.

2. what about all those scenes? are you made a game or a movie?

3. the horses. they are so silent in the battles. only what I can hear is their gallop.

4. armored wargs. lose it and the game will be much better.

5. leave an option for player to have a better choise of food and armor. I mean, only I got there is fish and dried meat. It's getting a "little" bit borring.

As for other things of mod, I think it's great.
IP: logged
 Re: The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (v 3.0)  » posted by Merlkir on Dec 22, 2011, 02:12:30 pm
Knight Inquisitor wrote:
It IS broken. It works for the first time until you change the territory and then it crashes. I have barely seen what is written on the screen. But, it's not the only problem 'bout the game. I have few hints more:

1. textures are too strong. when i fight in the forests it's slowing down my computer so hard. I have a very strong configuration so it's not problem made by me.

2. what about all those scenes? are you made a game or a movie?

3. the horses. they are so silent in the battles. only what I can hear is their gallop.

4. armored wargs. lose it and the game will be much better.

5. leave an option for player to have a better choise of food and armor. I mean, only I got there is fish and dried meat. It's getting a "little" bit borring.

As for other things of mod, I think it's great.

The text is not broken, that's bad install, so save the attitude.

1. Textures are not too strong in any way. If it slows down, you're using way too many men, or your computer is not as good as you think. It runs just fine for me and I have a 3 year old computer.

2. Oh, excuse us for making 5 cutscenes! It won't happen again, we won't dare anger you! :roll:

3. We didn't change anything about that.

4. No.

5. No. There is an item limit and we simply cannot put any more in, we're already pushing this limit. + there are more types of food than just fish and dried meat.
IP: logged
 Re: The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (v 3.0)  » posted by Knight Inquisitor on Dec 22, 2011, 05:28:50 pm
Merlkir wrote:
1. Textures are not too strong in any way. If it slows down, you're using way too many men, or your computer is not as good as you think. It runs just fine for me and I have a 3 year old computer.

2. Oh, excuse us for making 5 cutscenes! It won't happen again, we won't dare anger you! :roll:

3. We didn't change anything about that.

4. No.

5. No. There is an item limit and we simply cannot put any more in, we're already pushing this limit. + there are more types of food than just fish and dried meat.

Look man, I gave you the hints about make it better. Your angry answer is not the one that make ME angry. I want to play the game so I gave you some hints. I can choose NOT TO download too. But I already had (do not make me say unfortunatly).

Textures ARE to strong. I have a dual core and it freezes me. I don't know, maybe bushes, maybe trees, I don't know, You should know it's your mod.
Second, the cutscenes are failure because this is a game. A game, not movie, not book, a game that need to be played, I do not have to read it or to watch it, I want to play it.

And, about text, I appreciate a hint how to install correctly. I fount archive file called "HDR", yet you didn't gave an explanation where to put it. I also checked a "FAQ" but nothing was written there about it.
IP: logged
 Re: The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (v 3.0)  » posted by Merlkir on Dec 23, 2011, 01:45:23 am
Knight Inquisitor wrote:
Look man, I gave you the hints about make it better. Your angry answer is not the one that make ME angry. I want to play the game so I gave you some hints. I can choose NOT TO download too. But I already had (do not make me say unfortunatly).

Textures ARE to strong. I have a dual core and it freezes me. I don't know, maybe bushes, maybe trees, I don't know, You should know it's your mod.
Second, the cutscenes are failure because this is a game. A game, not movie, not book, a game that need to be played, I do not have to read it or to watch it, I want to play it.

And, about text, I appreciate a hint how to install correctly. I fount archive file called "HDR", yet you didn't gave an explanation where to put it. I also checked a "FAQ" but nothing was written there about it.

Everything about installing the mod properly is in the Manual. Yes, the font too.
Your computer is too slow, there are many many more people who do not have issues with forests. The textures are in fact much much smaller than most other mods have, so they're not "strong". Games do have cutscenes, some of them have cutscenes 5 minutes long and even longer. Ours last about 30 seconds all combined.
You are an annoying prick and know nothing about modding. Your hints are bloody useless. Thanks for the feedback, you douche.
IP: logged
 Re: The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (v 3.0)  » posted by Knight Inquisitor on Dec 23, 2011, 05:06:48 am
Merlkir wrote:
Everything about installing the mod properly is in the Manual. Yes, the font too.
Your computer is too slow, there are many many more people who do not have issues with forests. The textures are in fact much much smaller than most other mods have, so they're not "strong". Games do have cutscenes, some of them have cutscenes 5 minutes long and even longer. Ours last about 30 seconds all combined.
You are an annoying prick and know nothing about modding. Your hints are bloody useless. Thanks for the feedback, you douche.

IF I KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT MODDING, I'VE NEVER DOWNLOAD YOUR MOD.


AN', KNOW I'LL JUST SAY: FUCK YOU, YOU AND ALL MODS YOU'VE EVER MADE YOU LITTLE PIECE OF SHEET! YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO TALK WITH THE PEOPLE AMONG MANY, MANY ANOTHER THINGS.
IP: logged
 The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (v 3.0)  » posted by Galohawk on Dec 24, 2011, 10:01:47 am
This mod is not for warband ? This is Shit!
IP: logged
 Re: The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (v 3.0)  » posted by Merlkir on Dec 24, 2011, 11:41:39 am
Galohawk wrote:
This mod is not for warband ? This is Shit!


Well, thank you for your opinion, asshole.
IP: logged
 The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (v 3.0)  » posted by Vipsanius on Dec 24, 2011, 03:30:40 pm
As clearly stated, this mod is for Mount & Blade - not Warband. M&B costs about $5 at Amazon.com - like a vente latte at Starbucks or a bottle of beer at a tavern. I paid $25 years ago and have never regretted it. Many times, I've paid more for less.

Creating a mod is an enormous undertaking - especially when the world is one where we have some knowledge and high expectations. This mod is beautiful and fun! We owe Melkir a few kind words for his accomplishment.

Vipsanius
IP: logged
 The Last Days of the Third Age 3.0 (v 3.0)  » posted by tupums on Dec 27, 2011, 12:34:44 pm
PEOPLE, ARE U JUST SO STUPID AND CANT INSTALL THE GAME OR YOU REALLY ARE FAGOTS!? HOW CANT YOU PUT THIS MOD 5 STARS?
WTF!

FOR STUPID MORONS WHO CANT INSTALL THE GAME - READ FORUM.
Showing comments 41 to 60 of 89 Showing Page 3 of 5  <  1  2  3  4  5  > 
HomeSearchRankingsStatisticsAboutContact

Hosted by Hypernia.
Website © 2018 FenriSoft. The core site script is PHCDownload (© 2005-2018).