preload button hover image:
HomeSearchRankingsStatisticsAboutContact
Current Time: Jun 19, 2018, 08:44:01 pm
 Mount&Blade Repository » Mods » Large » The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod V0.2.4
      
Registration is not required to download. However, it will allow you to vote, comment, and request upload access. Forgot your password?
View this file on the M&B NexusFile Listing: The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod V0.2.4
Last Updated: Jan 19, 2011, 03:45:43 pm
First Created: Jan 17, 2011, 11:07:43 pm
File version: V0.2.4 Beta Patch
For M&B version: Warband 1.134
Downloads: 1,933 (2,108) Size: 4.88 MB
Views: 10,648 (11,694) Type: ZIP
Home:  Taleworlds Forum
Rating (2 votes): 2.3 / 5.0
Description
The Gathering Storm
A Wheel of Time Mod
V0.2.4 Beta Patch

(I re-uploaded the file so the 'speak to guild master option doesn't appear in castle menus.)

This file is a patch that upgrades various areas of the game and also provides some bug-fixes.
Use this patch to update any previous version of the mod to V0.2.4 Beta

Fixes:
-Fixed ground level error that occurs when you siege Bandar Eban
-Fixed bandit lair troops (no longer only native troops)
-Fixed the 'all troops show up as archers' error
-Fixed error where channelers wouldn't use their weapons until they were up close to enemies (accidently created in V0.2.3)

Updated Features:
-Made it so Lord armies and castle/town garrisons will mainly be populated with the correct troops based on nationality (not just faction)
-Made bandits more diverse and powerful (You may feel very weak starting out, but it's much easier to recruit now.)
-Added recruiting from towns
-New recruiting option for trollocs (need prisoners)
-Added to the upgrade tree for women to include hunters of the horn, cha faile, village wisdoms and kinwomen
-Now have menu option to talk to village elder from village menu and guid master from town menu - credits HokieBT
-Revamped the village/town recruitment method. Can now ask for locals, outlanders, can bribe locals to get more volunteers
-New dialogs with Village elder / Guild master for recruiting channelers

How to Install:
You will need to have a previous version of the mod installed.
Next download the patch.
Unzip it to your desktop.
Go to the folder you just unzipped and drill down (open more and more folders) until you find one called just "The Gathering Storm".
Copy this entire folder into M&B Warband's 'Modules' folder. The path to this folder will depend on where you installed the game.

Usually here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules
or here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\mountblade warband\Modules

You will be asked to merge these two folders. Make sure you choose to copy the new files over the existing ones.

Then when you start Mount and Blade, pick "The Gathering Storm" module.

This patch alters several in-game menus and dialogs and requires the use of many new party slots. Therefore, it will not be save-game compatible.
Commands
More From This Author
Comments
IP: logged
 The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Ti (v V0.2.4 Beta Patch)  » posted by Elan§Morin§Tedornai on Jan 26, 2011, 11:44:48 am
I tried to play Custom Battle with this mod with Rand and almost got my ass kicked because all the weaves deliver 0 damage and no matter how much I use them, I can't kill anyone. But at least the effect of the last two weaves didn't depend on damage :-)
comment last edited by Elan§Morin§Tedornai on Jan 26, 2011, 11:45:16 am
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Ti (v V0.2.4 Beta Patch)  » posted by mat2rivs on Jan 26, 2011, 08:20:55 pm
Elan§Morin§Tedornai wrote:
I tried to play Custom Battle with this mod with Rand and almost got my ass kicked because all the weaves deliver 0 damage and no matter how much I use them, I can't kill anyone. But at least the effect of the last two weaves didn't depend on damage :-)
You are right, the weaves deliver 0 normal weapon damage, but if you keep shooting fire at people, they will die. It might be better to test the weaves in single player mode to get a better feeling for what the do. Their full capabilites are unlocked there.

Four or so shots with fireball on one person will most likely kill them.
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Ti (v V0.2.4 Beta Patch)  » posted by Elan§Morin§Tedornai on Jan 28, 2011, 02:10:10 am
mat2rivs wrote:
Elan§Morin§Tedornai wrote:
I tried to play Custom Battle with this mod with Rand and almost got my ass kicked because all the weaves deliver 0 damage and no matter how much I use them, I can't kill anyone. But at least the effect of the last two weaves didn't depend on damage :-)
You are right, the weaves deliver 0 normal weapon damage, but if you keep shooting fire at people, they will die. It might be better to test the weaves in single player mode to get a better feeling for what the do. Their full capabilites are unlocked there.

Four or so shots with fireball on one person will most likely kill them.
Yeah, kinda sadistic. :D You just need a fast horse and it takes you 15 minutes to fry 40 bandits all by yourself. >:)
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Ti (v V0.2.4 Beta Patch)  » posted by mat2rivs on Jan 28, 2011, 11:14:08 am
Elan§Morin§Tedornai wrote:
mat2rivs wrote:
Elan§Morin§Tedornai wrote:
I tried to play Custom Battle with this mod with Rand and almost got my ass kicked because all the weaves deliver 0 damage and no matter how much I use them, I can't kill anyone. But at least the effect of the last two weaves didn't depend on damage :-)
You are right, the weaves deliver 0 normal weapon damage, but if you keep shooting fire at people, they will die. It might be better to test the weaves in single player mode to get a better feeling for what the do. Their full capabilites are unlocked there.

Four or so shots with fireball on one person will most likely kill them.
Yeah, kinda sadistic. :D You just need a fast horse and it takes you 15 minutes to fry 40 bandits all by yourself. >:)
With just the intial weave, it will be painful to take out 40 bandits, but it shouldn't be a problem with fireball.
IP: logged
 The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Ti (v V0.2.4 Beta Patch)  » posted by koetoezow on Jan 29, 2011, 03:11:18 am
This is probably just me, but I can't see the animation when I weave? All I see is my character taking a position like firing a crossbow (but without the bow). I can hear the sound and all and it does have effect, just no fireball or whatever. It does fire some kind of spear-like things, but they aren't always visible. I tried it with several weaves. I have the 2.0 version with the 2.4 patch.

Otherwise, great mod! :-P

PS, I a bit of a noob with computers
comment last edited by koetoezow on Jan 29, 2011, 07:00:28 am
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Ti (v V0.2.4 Beta Patch)  » posted by mat2rivs on Jan 29, 2011, 12:47:45 pm
koetoezow wrote:
This is probably just me, but I can't see the animation when I weave? All I see is my character taking a position like firing a crossbow (but without the bow). I can hear the sound and all and it does have effect, just no fireball or whatever. It does fire some kind of spear-like things, but they aren't always visible. I tried it with several weaves. I have the 2.0 version with the 2.4 patch.

Otherwise, great mod! :-P

PS, I a bit of a noob with computers
Try playing a custom/quick battle with Rand or Nynaeve. Use Caps Lock to change your weave. You should see more of an effect than what you are describing. You can read the first post on my Taleworlds forum if you want to see what each weave should do. Also, if you have graphics turned down, there's a chance that could somewhat change the visual effect of the weaves. (Note, seeing the character holding an invisible crossbow is what you should be seeing.)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,147665.msg3555865.html#msg3555865
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Ti (v V0.2.4 Beta Patch)  » posted by koetoezow on Jan 29, 2011, 02:35:55 pm
mat2rivs wrote:
Also, if you have graphics turned down, there's a chance that could somewhat change the visual effect of the weaves. (Note, seeing the character holding an invisible crossbow is what you should be seeing.)


Thanks, I put my graphics up and it works! Looks awesome.
IP: logged
 The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Ti (v V0.2.4 Beta Patch)  » posted by Elan§Morin§Tedornai on Feb 02, 2011, 03:03:17 pm
I've detected two bugs so far:
1. The "Speak with the guld master" option doesn't appear in the cities Bandar Eban and Shol Arbela (I think it's just with these two)
2. When I go into battle my Aes Sedai Yellow Veteran don't arrive on the battlefield. Instead some Aes Sedai Red Veteran arrive, but as allied troops, not as my troops and I can't give orders only to them but if I give an order to another group, the Reds will also follow it. If I loose Reds in the battle I don't loose Yellow Aies Sedai, which kinda makes my army unstoppable. :-D And on tournaments the guys which are dressed in yellow change the color of their clothes to light red at some moment, but if I go closer to them or farther away from them they change back into yellow.(this made me kill a few teammates on a tournament until I realized it :lol: )

P.S. The weavers are very ineffective at long range beause they can't aim properly with their One Power items.
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Ti (v V0.2.4 Beta Patch)  » posted by mat2rivs on Feb 03, 2011, 09:03:51 pm
Elan§Morin§Tedornai wrote:
I've detected two bugs so far:
1. The "Speak with the guld master" option doesn't appear in the cities Bandar Eban and Shol Arbela (I think it's just with these two)
2. When I go into battle my Aes Sedai Yellow Veteran don't arrive on the battlefield. Instead some Aes Sedai Red Veteran arrive, but as allied troops, not as my troops and I can't give orders only to them but if I give an order to another group, the Reds will also follow it. If I loose Reds in the battle I don't loose Yellow Aies Sedai, which kinda makes my army unstoppable. :-D And on tournaments the guys which are dressed in yellow change the color of their clothes to light red at some moment, but if I go closer to them or farther away from them they change back into yellow.(this made me kill a few teammates on a tournament until I realized it :lol: )

P.S. The weavers are very ineffective at long range beause they can't aim properly with their One Power items.
1. The guild master option won't appear if there is a siege, or if there are bandits waiting in the town. (and I think for some other reason that I haven't figured out yet.)
2. By chance are the Yellow Sisters located at the bottom of the list in the party screen? If so, and you are fighting in a large enough battle, then they might just not spawn because of number limitations. Try putting them right under you on the list and see if they still don't spawn. The Red sisters that are spawning are probably because you have Ashaman in your army. They can spawn Red sisters. (Ie. from the large group of Reds who went to the Black Tower to destroy it but got captured instead.)

I don't think I've ever seen that tournament error while playing. In fact, I haven't messed with the tournament code at all. But it's still possible that I messed something up accidently.

Yeah, the computer players are pretty worthless at long range. That's because they are expecting their bullet/weave/arrow to fall as if it had actual mass for gravity to work on. So, they aim a little high at targets that are really far away. This did give me an idea. I need to see if the One Power ammo has mass. Maybe I can set that to zero.

Thanks for reporting those things. You can also check out my Taleworlds forum thread. That's where a few other users have been reporting issues they find and also just listing suggestions. Hope you are enjoying some stuff too!

mat
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Ti (v V0.2.4 Beta Patch)  » posted by Elan§Morin§Tedornai on Feb 04, 2011, 01:28:15 am
mat2rivs wrote:
Elan§Morin§Tedornai wrote:
I've detected two bugs so far:
1. The "Speak with the guld master" option doesn't appear in the cities Bandar Eban and Shol Arbela (I think it's just with these two)
2. When I go into battle my Aes Sedai Yellow Veteran don't arrive on the battlefield. Instead some Aes Sedai Red Veteran arrive, but as allied troops, not as my troops and I can't give orders only to them but if I give an order to another group, the Reds will also follow it. If I loose Reds in the battle I don't loose Yellow Aies Sedai, which kinda makes my army unstoppable. :-D And on tournaments the guys which are dressed in yellow change the color of their clothes to light red at some moment, but if I go closer to them or farther away from them they change back into yellow.(this made me kill a few teammates on a tournament until I realized it :lol: )

P.S. The weavers are very ineffective at long range beause they can't aim properly with their One Power items.
1. The guild master option won't appear if there is a siege, or if there are bandits waiting in the town. (and I think for some other reason that I haven't figured out yet.)
2. By chance are the Yellow Sisters located at the bottom of the list in the party screen? If so, and you are fighting in a large enough battle, then they might just not spawn because of number limitations. Try putting them right under you on the list and see if they still don't spawn. The Red sisters that are spawning are probably because you have Ashaman in your army. They can spawn Red sisters. (Ie. from the large group of Reds who went to the Black Tower to destroy it but got captured instead.)

I don't think I've ever seen that tournament error while playing. In fact, I haven't messed with the tournament code at all. But it's still possible that I messed something up accidently.

Yeah, the computer players are pretty worthless at long range. That's because they are expecting their bullet/weave/arrow to fall as if it had actual mass for gravity to work on. So, they aim a little high at targets that are really far away. This did give me an idea. I need to see if the One Power ammo has mass. Maybe I can set that to zero.

Thanks for reporting those things. You can also check out my Taleworlds forum thread. That's where a few other users have been reporting issues they find and also just listing suggestions. Hope you are enjoying some stuff too!

mat
Yeah, that explains it. I guess the Warders come from the Aies Sedai because I started getting some of them too. And if you don't have the bug about the tournament, then it's probably something I messed up (you don't need to know how :lol: ). And, btw, I really liked the Red Hand Fast Crossbows. ;-)
IP: logged
 The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Ti (v V0.2.4 Beta Patch)  » posted by flycaster on Feb 05, 2011, 12:09:53 pm
Great game! You've given the major game developers a high bar to strive for! :pint:
Some questions and comments:
I notice that channelers have skill points in power draw. Does this increase the effectiveness of some weaves? Do points in horse archery increase effectiveness while mounted?

When I bind enemies or set them on fire, then switch to a regular weapon, the enemies flinch like they're being hit. After a few flinches they die. I have yet to determine whether this is effected by weapon damage or speed. You can really wreak havoc this way. Bind a few enemies up front, a few fireballs into the mass, then switch to your sword for a few seconds and watch the bodies drop.

Is there a one handed/two handed heron mark blade or a power-forged heron mark blade?

My only gripe: Where's the Tairen horses? Maybe like a courser or hunter only faster.

Congratulations a crafting a fine game!
Fly
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Ti (v V0.2.4 Beta Patch)  » posted by mat2rivs on Feb 05, 2011, 01:35:44 pm
flycaster wrote:
Great game! You've given the major game developers a high bar to strive for! :pint:
Some questions and comments:
I notice that channelers have skill points in power draw. Does this increase the effectiveness of some weaves? Do points in horse archery increase effectiveness while mounted?

When I bind enemies or set them on fire, then switch to a regular weapon, the enemies flinch like they're being hit. After a few flinches they die. I have yet to determine whether this is effected by weapon damage or speed. You can really wreak havoc this way. Bind a few enemies up front, a few fireballs into the mass, then switch to your sword for a few seconds and watch the bodies drop.

Is there a one handed/two handed heron mark blade or a power-forged heron mark blade?

My only gripe: Where's the Tairen horses? Maybe like a courser or hunter only faster.

Congratulations a crafting a fine game!
Fly
I gave channelers high points in power draw in hopes that it would improve their accuracy and range. But, I can't say for sure that it actually does anything.

People flinch when bound or on fire because they are getting hurt.

There are one handed and two handed heron marked blades. No power-forged for now. I guess that would just have more attack power since weapons don't really get broken in this game.

I didn't make a special Tairen horse but just gave their armies strong cavalry.

Glad you are enjoying things so far.

mat
comment last edited by mat2rivs on Feb 06, 2011, 03:12:34 pm
IP: logged
 The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Ti (v V0.2.4 Beta Patch)  » posted by HobbitsKickArse on Mar 15, 2011, 03:28:06 am
Hey guys! :hammer: I believe I would say 'Awesome Mod!' if it worked, 2 things are wrong - It says 'WARNING - can't find Terrain_snow' or whatever, but then it has an RGL error saying 'get_object failed for body: bo_small_tree_fm' which closes the game. Also - The Font your using, Papyrus, has quite a few glitches. :-?
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Ti (v V0.2.4 Beta Patch)  » posted by mat2rivs on Mar 15, 2011, 10:07:10 am
HobbitsKickArse wrote:
Hey guys! :hammer: I believe I would say 'Awesome Mod!' if it worked, 2 things are wrong - It says 'WARNING - can't find Terrain_snow' or whatever, but then it has an RGL error saying 'get_object failed for body: bo_small_tree_fm' which closes the game. Also - The Font your using, Papyrus, has quite a few glitches. :-?
Hi,
I just wanted to let you know that this mod doesn't change the Terrain or things like trees. I also didn't make any changes to the Font. By chance are you getting those errors from some other mod you installed that affects the common resources? If not, you might need to try downloading the mod again and see if the errors go away.
Thanks,
mat

PS- Are you sure you added the mod files to the Modules folder? I'm sure you could get a bunch of errors if you added the files at the wrong level.
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Ti (v V0.2.4 Beta Patch)  » posted by HobbitsKickArse on Mar 15, 2011, 06:32:23 pm
mat2rivs wrote:

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know that this mod doesn't change the Terrain or things like trees. I also didn't make any changes to the Font. By chance are you getting those errors from some other mod you installed that affects the common resources? If not, you might need to try downloading the mod again and see if the errors go away.
Thanks,
mat

PS- Are you sure you added the mod files to the Modules folder? I'm sure you could get a bunch of errors if you added the files at the wrong level.

Hey - I just had to reinstall the 1.134 patch, and remove the Graphical resource pack that was installed into the CommonRes folder - All good now, Cheers. Great mod btw. :hammer:
HomeSearchRankingsStatisticsAboutContact

Hosted by Hypernia.
Website © 2018 FenriSoft. The core site script is PHCDownload (© 2005-2018).