preload button hover image:
HomeSearchRankingsStatisticsAboutContact
Current Time: May 27, 2018, 07:37:38 pm
 Mount&Blade Repository » Mods » Large » New Elgante, v0.8 Anniversary Edition
      
Registration is not required to download. However, it will allow you to vote, comment, and request upload access. Forgot your password?
View this file on the M&B NexusFile Listing: New Elgante, v0.8 Anniversary Edition
Last Updated: Jan 30, 2012, 07:41:30 pm
First Created: Jan 12, 2011, 09:11:33 am
File version: 0.8
For M&B version: Warband 1.143
Downloads: 23,830 (37,811) Size: 434.67 MB
Views: 42,980 (86,026) Type: 7Z
Home:  Taleworlds Thread
Rating (12 votes): 4.2 / 5.0
Description
New Elgante
This is a singelplayer and multiplayer modification for Mount and Blade:Warband. It covers a central theme of colonists versus tribes, with tribes taking inspiration from anything from aztecs, neolithic tribes and comanches/apaches. It is based in a fictitious land on an Island called New Elgante which is occupied by seven factions. The mod aims to convert the native world to this new setting. More info can be found on the "Taleworlds Thread" link next to this entry
Features:
-A New World Map - I plan to expand this with more islands
-7 new factions:
Elgante Empire
Tribe of Snakes
The Karkans
The Rebels
The Lundmen
The Arlen Barony
The Arlen Tribe
-250+ new items
-New Character Creation Options Complete with background, skills and equipment
-New Scenes - Plenty of new scenes, both singleplayer and multiplayer.
-New Startup Quest - It is just a re-skin for now but I hope to make it lead to a full storyline.
-Eleven new Companions - With background stories!
-Firearms - it seems every mod has these, enjoy.
-New banners - thanks to Mark Quinn
-New Mercenaries - I plan to add more
-Almost completely changed UI
-Lots of new Music:
Thanks to Jon Sayles for his really great renaissance music and rejenorst
-New animations:thanks to papa lazarou
-Ten completely new multiplayer scenes with more to come - check "Maps" further down to see a list
More Metal Sounds Mod:
thanks to checkmaty
-Camp Entrenchment
-Construct-able Outposts
-Textures have been redone: new skyboxes and improved buildings by sendmesmile, real water by cptjoker, new grass originally by painbringer but I have edited it alot and expanded horizons by openshaw
-Factional Merchants/Factionised Items
-Garrison-able Villages
-Ability to create your own vassal titles
-New Skill: Foraging - thanks to jrider
-NPC interactivity - I aim to make tavern and town visits more interesting with new NPC's, currently this is only partially done. But enjoy.
-Completely new scene props - that make up the new scenes, adds to the immiersion
-Troop trees redone from native for all factions
-Ability to kill prisoners and other prisoner options
Planned Features:
Tribal armour for the snake tribe, if anybody knows of something that may suit I would love to know.
Possibly crouching could be implemented
Sea Travel
Change tournament participants - this has been done to an extent but there are some problems with it
Implement Diplomacy - Permission is granted, but I am having trouble implementing. I am not a great scripter :|
Storyline
Artillery (Maybe just for multiplayer)
After Death Cam
Factionise Items

Recruiting
Basically I can use help from any field, I will even teach you something about modding if you don't know anything though I cannot teach you coding.
A Coder would be greatly appreciated though I know that coders don't grow off trees. Just PM me or post here if you would like to help, the more the merrier! :wink:

This is a beta test
Keep in mind that this is a beta test and it is my first mod. You can help out with the mod by providing feedback on current features, ideas for future ones and offering suggestions about the current make up of the mod.
But just because it is a beta test does not mean that it is small, the finished product will be quite large so at the moment it beginning to show that. The mod is roughly 70% done.

The Team:
I have not made this mod without some dedicated help:
Nordous: Scene Editor, he has made many scenes for this mod
Comrade Temuzu: Scene Editor
Red Campbellton: Beta Tester, Scene Editor and for many suggestions
illapa: Researcher, Beta Tester

Credits:
ladanyi - for giving me a lot of help with getting started on modeling and for teachimg me how to texture. As well as being a big inspiration to make my own mod
Lueii - for uploading the original music, and although he doesn't know it convincing me to make my own mod
Havoc - for painstakingly walking me through step by step setting up the module system and adding new models/items
the eagle and the radiant cross team - for some cool hats, which make up almost all of the empire and rebel headgear. Used with permission from D'sparil
James, Luigi, RR_Raptor65, The Pope - for their OSP pack
Papa Lazarou - for his great animations
Checkmaty - for the more metal sound mod
MarkQuinn - for the better banners mod, which I used two of the banners for the Elgante Empire and Rebels. In future releases I plan to include some for player selection
Jezze and the BNL Eighty years war team - for their hat models
Belendor - for researching tribal weaponry
Thick 1988 - for his his brilliant OSP item variants mod
Azn_soul - for his scenes
Thorgrim - for his famous map editor
Silverwolf - for some hats
phoenixguard09 - for making a sub forum on the Exilian Forum
John Sayles - for his wonderful renaissance music
Kolba- for the script for Captain Ardal, who can sail you around the map.
Jinnai - for the customizable sparring matches
Lumos - for outpost script, also these people who helped make it:
Tiarilir - Original topic
cdvader - Watchtower script and help with some things for this one (and being cool too)
foxyman - Helping me for a thing or two and being cool
bobirov - Developing the Fort Kit which adds siegeable outposts, will be added in next version.
Achilles_ - Making the Outpost map icon
L00ter - Making the Fort map icon
Comrade Temuzu - for outpost scenes
rejenorst - for his battle music, which fits perfectly into mount and blade
Utrehd - for his compilation of rejenorst's music, without it I would never have known about it
The Brytenwalda Team - for tribal skins, boar helmet, watchtower scene prop
The Song of Talesin Team - for several tent scene props and pallisade props
Lucke189 - For realistic colour + taller grass
Highelfwarrior - for his building pack
Nameless Warrior - for sharing with me his factional merchants code
Nordous - for scene editing for my mod. He has made many scenes thus far.
Mark├Ârgis Khan - for a companion idea. Also the idea to set up a new companion ideas thread on the Exilian Forums.
painbringer - for his hd map texture pack. I heavily edited his plains texture though, but without it I wouldn't have made any
Openshaw - for expanded horizons
SendMeSmile - for his improved buildings, and new skyboxes
CptJoker - For his real water texture mod
Idibil - he has helped with a couple of things regarding modding, a big thanks to him :)
Red Campbellton - Beta Tester, Advisor and scene editor
Tinerfe - For his garrisonable villages script and....
gaston - for telling me what was wrong with the garrisonable villages script and thanks to him, allowing me to add it.
Pino69 - for his brilliant armour pack
You1 - for helping me with map icons
Goosemaner - for his rock and mountain pack
AlphaDelta - I indirectly used some of his textures for the snake body.
Glabrezu - for his manhunter scripts
jrider - for his foraging skill addition
Treebeard - for helping me update my mod to 1.143
Commands
More From This Author
Comments (Page 5 of 6)
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, v0.7 (v 0.7)  » posted by saipoon on Sep 29, 2011, 11:54:50 pm
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
saipoon wrote:
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
saipoon wrote:
i have a suggestion, what if you give this mod with the diplomacy features
I have permission to do so, but haven't got around to doing it. Its one of the main things on my list of things to do however
oh.....
btw, can you or your other member can make an animal hunting system like brytenwalda?
I liked that system in Brytenwalda, so far I am the only "coder" on the team, even if I am not particularly good at it, I'm more of an artist.
But I'll add to my list and I'll give it a good shot and with any luck you'll see it in a future version.
Good job, then. And i have some points for this
- in aztecs houses, it'll better to remove light on it's ceilling
- i found some bug on floor in the aztecs houses
- it'll be better if the tribal lords graphic on the map use a people picture (not horse)

IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, v0.7 (v 0.7)  » posted by saipoon on Oct 02, 2011, 05:49:00 am
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
saipoon wrote:
wow! i love this mod! i like this tribal mod!
but, the lords' name is more calradian, may i rename all lord and change their face to more tribal? with your permission, and i'll upload it too :D
Great!
I could add your changes to the official mod and you could release it as an addition temporarily. If you wish to do so we could set it up so that you can make the faces and send me the code along with new names and I can add it to the mod, with credits of course.
In future I plan to make facepaint and such so it should make it easier. Don't change any Elgante Lords names though, they are as planned.
Guy! I've upload it for you, here it is :green: :green: :green: :arrow: http://www.mediafire.com/?uozgeaupuna7pnn

The password is :
akujelek

And i'll give the changelog too...
:arrow: The karkan and snake lords name has been changed.
:arrow: The karkan and snake lords face has been changed too.
:arrow: The rebel lords name has been changed (I just change the lord with their real sarranian name)
:arrow: I gave all karkan lords the boar helmet.
:arrow: AND I changed all karkan, snake, and rebel ladies name

if you want me to change the villages name, I'll do it with fun :green: :green: :green: :green:


sorry if my english bad :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, v0.7 (v 0.7)  » posted by Crossbow_Joe on Oct 04, 2011, 01:56:21 am
saipoon wrote:
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
saipoon wrote:
wow! i love this mod! i like this tribal mod!
but, the lords' name is more calradian, may i rename all lord and change their face to more tribal? with your permission, and i'll upload it too :D
Great!
I could add your changes to the official mod and you could release it as an addition temporarily. If you wish to do so we could set it up so that you can make the faces and send me the code along with new names and I can add it to the mod, with credits of course.
In future I plan to make facepaint and such so it should make it easier. Don't change any Elgante Lords names though, they are as planned.
Guy! I've upload it for you, here it is :green: :green: :green: :arrow: http://www.mediafire.com/?uozgeaupuna7pnn

The password is :
akujelek

And i'll give the changelog too...
:arrow: The karkan and snake lords name has been changed.
:arrow: The karkan and snake lords face has been changed too.
:arrow: The rebel lords name has been changed (I just change the lord with their real sarranian name)
:arrow: I gave all karkan lords the boar helmet.
:arrow: AND I changed all karkan, snake, and rebel ladies name

if you want me to change the villages name, I'll do it with fun :green: :green: :green: :green:


sorry if my english bad :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
Thank you very much you'll be in the credits come next release, I just finished applying your changes. Brilliant names, I really like them, previously changing names was not a big priority of mine. But it really does feel more complete with the new names. But can I ask you to make a few more Karkan names? Some of the karkan names you had did not seem to fit, the ones with X or Z at the start. Could you just rename those and post the new names?
As for renaming villages, its up to you. But the Karkan village names will be changed soon as will the snake tribes. So that leaves most of the rebels/barony, all of the lundmen/arlen tribe. Anything in particular you wanted to cover?

IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, v0.7 (v 0.7)  » posted by saipoon on Oct 04, 2011, 10:05:46 am
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
saipoon wrote:
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
saipoon wrote:
wow! i love this mod! i like this tribal mod!
but, the lords' name is more calradian, may i rename all lord and change their face to more tribal? with your permission, and i'll upload it too :D
Great!
I could add your changes to the official mod and you could release it as an addition temporarily. If you wish to do so we could set it up so that you can make the faces and send me the code along with new names and I can add it to the mod, with credits of course.
In future I plan to make facepaint and such so it should make it easier. Don't change any Elgante Lords names though, they are as planned.
Guy! I've upload it for you, here it is :green: :green: :green: :arrow: http://www.mediafire.com/?uozgeaupuna7pnn

The password is :
akujelek

And i'll give the changelog too...
:arrow: The karkan and snake lords name has been changed.
:arrow: The karkan and snake lords face has been changed too.
:arrow: The rebel lords name has been changed (I just change the lord with their real sarranian name)
:arrow: I gave all karkan lords the boar helmet.
:arrow: AND I changed all karkan, snake, and rebel ladies name

if you want me to change the villages name, I'll do it with fun :green: :green: :green: :green:


sorry if my english bad :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
Thank you very much you'll be in the credits come next release, I just finished applying your changes. Brilliant names, I really like them, previously changing names was not a big priority of mine. But it really does feel more complete with the new names. But can I ask you to make a few more Karkan names? Some of the karkan names you had did not seem to fit, the ones with X or Z at the start. Could you just rename those and post the new names?
As for renaming villages, its up to you. But the Karkan village names will be changed soon as will the snake tribes. So that leaves most of the rebels/barony, all of the lundmen/arlen tribe. Anything in particular you wanted to cover?

Here it is, http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3286 i've renamed the name of lord with X at the start, the password is akugila

And i'll rename (or change the scene) of unrenamed village, but coming soon :hammer: :hammer:
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, v0.7 (v 0.7)  » posted by Crossbow_Joe on Oct 04, 2011, 06:58:37 pm
saipoon wrote:
Here it is, http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3286 i've renamed the name of lord with X at the start, the password is akugila
And i'll rename (or change the scene) of unrenamed village, but coming soon :hammer: :hammer:
Cool thanks, the Karkan scenes have all been made since v0.7 so don't change them.
Did you change the Lundic lords names as well? If so thanks for that, I just transferred them over too.
If you want to make scenes then I can recommend making some Arlen tribe village scenes, they have none.
If you want to continue doing work I can give you a newer version with all these changes to scenes and new scene props.
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, v0.7 (v 0.7)  » posted by saipoon on Oct 05, 2011, 04:02:25 am
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
saipoon wrote:
Here it is, http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3286 i've renamed the name of lord with X at the start, the password is akugila
And i'll rename (or change the scene) of unrenamed village, but coming soon :hammer: :hammer:
Cool thanks, the Karkan scenes have all been made since v0.7 so don't change them.
Did you change the Lundic lords names as well? If so thanks for that, I just transferred them over too.
If you want to make scenes then I can recommend making some Arlen tribe village scenes, they have none.
If you want to continue doing work I can give you a newer version with all these changes to scenes and new scene props.
yup, i rename all lundic lord, but i didn't change their face, sorry
it's culture is khergit right?
btw, may I give all lundic lord a title? (maybe 'warrior' at the end of name :/ )
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, v0.7 (v 0.7)  » posted by Crossbow_Joe on Oct 05, 2011, 06:56:54 am
saipoon wrote:
yup, i rename all lundic lord, but i didn't change their face, sorry
it's culture is khergit right?
btw, may I give all lundic lord a title? (maybe 'warrior' at the end of name :/ )
They are inspired by the Apaches/Comanches, they are the same race as the Karkan Tribe but are different in the fact they trade with colonists and so end up with completely different equipment. They could have a characteristic in their name, much in the same way as you did the Rebel Lords.
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, v0.7 (v 0.7)  » posted by saipoon on Oct 05, 2011, 07:38:38 am
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
saipoon wrote:
yup, i rename all lundic lord, but i didn't change their face, sorry
it's culture is khergit right?
btw, may I give all lundic lord a title? (maybe 'warrior' at the end of name :/ )
They are inspired by the Apaches/Comanches, they are the same race as the Karkan Tribe but are different in the fact they trade with colonists and so end up with completely different equipment. They could have a characteristic in their name, much in the same way as you did the Rebel Lords.
Oh, I understand now
How if one of they troops bring a firearms as weapon? Just like a modern Indian at war with colonists
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, v0.7 (v 0.7)  » posted by Crossbow_Joe on Oct 05, 2011, 07:55:35 am
saipoon wrote:
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
saipoon wrote:
yup, i rename all lundic lord, but i didn't change their face, sorry
it's culture is khergit right?
btw, may I give all lundic lord a title? (maybe 'warrior' at the end of name :/ )
They are inspired by the Apaches/Comanches, they are the same race as the Karkan Tribe but are different in the fact they trade with colonists and so end up with completely different equipment. They could have a characteristic in their name, much in the same way as you did the Rebel Lords.
Oh, I understand now
How if one of they troops bring a firearms as weapon? Just like a modern Indian at war with colonists
I have had that suggested a couple of times, and historically it makes sense. I am considering giving some to the Arlen Barony, but the colonists restrict what they trade to the Lundmen. They are already strongly regretting ever giving them horses, and there is several scenarios where they trade them hand cannon shots. The Lundmen, confused about their use, put them on ends of clubs and have been known to throw them.
But I don't want to add too many firearms into the world as a whole, the resources to make gunpowder are scarce and I want to simulate that with the lack of abundance.
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, v0.7 (v 0.7)  » posted by saipoon on Oct 05, 2011, 08:12:27 am
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
saipoon wrote:
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
saipoon wrote:
yup, i rename all lundic lord, but i didn't change their face, sorry
it's culture is khergit right?
btw, may I give all lundic lord a title? (maybe 'warrior' at the end of name :/ )
They are inspired by the Apaches/Comanches, they are the same race as the Karkan Tribe but are different in the fact they trade with colonists and so end up with completely different equipment. They could have a characteristic in their name, much in the same way as you did the Rebel Lords.
Oh, I understand now
How if one of they troops bring a firearms as weapon? Just like a modern Indian at war with colonists
I have had that suggested a couple of times, and historically it makes sense. I am considering giving some to the Arlen Barony, but the colonists restrict what they trade to the Lundmen. They are already strongly regretting ever giving them horses, and there is several scenarios where they trade them hand cannon shots. The Lundmen, confused about their use, put them on ends of clubs and have been known to throw them.
But I don't want to add too many firearms into the world as a whole, the resources to make gunpowder are scarce and I want to simulate that with the lack of abundance.
okay, and i'll make some of their lord bring firearms (just 1 or two), and they'll naked xD
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, v0.7 (v 0.7)  » posted by saipoon on Oct 07, 2011, 04:25:56 am
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
saipoon wrote:
Here it is, http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3286 i've renamed the name of lord with X at the start, the password is akugila
And i'll rename (or change the scene) of unrenamed village, but coming soon :hammer: :hammer:
Cool thanks, the Karkan scenes have all been made since v0.7 so don't change them.
Did you change the Lundic lords names as well? If so thanks for that, I just transferred them over too.
If you want to make scenes then I can recommend making some Arlen tribe village scenes, they have none.
If you want to continue doing work I can give you a newer version with all these changes to scenes and new scene props.
i think, i'll editing those villages after you relase the new version
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, v0.7 (v 0.7)  » posted by Crossbow_Joe on Oct 17, 2011, 12:52:04 am
saipoon wrote:
i think, i'll editing those villages after you relase the new version
Do you want me to give you the team version now with all the scenes? Or wait until the next public release?
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, v0.7 (v 0.7)  » posted by saipoon on Oct 19, 2011, 05:11:10 pm
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
saipoon wrote:
i think, i'll editing those villages after you relase the new version
Do you want me to give you the team version now with all the scenes? Or wait until the next public release?

maybe the public version, because i'm busy to make my mod
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, v0.7 (v 0.7)  » posted by Crossbow_Joe on Oct 20, 2011, 12:11:18 am
saipoon wrote:
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
saipoon wrote:
i think, i'll editing those villages after you relase the new version
Do you want me to give you the team version now with all the scenes? Or wait until the next public release?

maybe the public version, because i'm busy to make my mod
Fair enough, I wish you good luck with it. May your code always compile without errors ;)
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, v0.7 (v 0.7)  » posted by saipoon on Oct 20, 2011, 12:49:03 am
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
saipoon wrote:
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
saipoon wrote:
i think, i'll editing those villages after you relase the new version
Do you want me to give you the team version now with all the scenes? Or wait until the next public release?

maybe the public version, because i'm busy to make my mod
Fair enough, I wish you good luck with it. May your code always compile without errors ;)

thanks, btw when will you release the new version?
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, v0.7 (v 0.7)  » posted by Crossbow_Joe on Oct 20, 2011, 01:23:54 am
saipoon wrote:
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
saipoon wrote:
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
saipoon wrote:
i think, i'll editing those villages after you relase the new version
Do you want me to give you the team version now with all the scenes? Or wait until the next public release?

maybe the public version, because i'm busy to make my mod
Fair enough, I wish you good luck with it. May your code always compile without errors ;)

thanks, btw when will you release the new version?
Hard to say, it wont be in the next few weeks though. I want to make each patch substantial
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, v0.7 (v 0.7)  » posted by saipoon on Oct 22, 2011, 11:25:16 pm
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
saipoon wrote:
okay, but the snake tribe headband is make the wearer's hair look bald, it's make all snake tribe troops bald and not have any hairstyle :o
Good point, I had forgotten about that, they look weird when they have hair and the headband. Its up to you if you still want to make face-codes for them. I can remove the headbands from some of them for some cool face-codes but most of them should retain the headband, it signifies their rank.
Hey! I've repair the headband! It's don't look bald again!
But there's a little bug too :hammer:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3324 password : nothing (I'm serious, this is the password) :hammer: :hammer:
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, v0.7 (v 0.7)  » posted by Crossbow_Joe on Nov 02, 2011, 01:16:32 am
saipoon wrote:
Hey! I've repair the headband! It's don't look bald again!
But there's a little bug too :hammer:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3324 password : nothing (I'm serious, this is the password) :hammer: :hammer:
Thanks, but I still do prefer it without since the hair covers the headband.
Alternatively I could make it less common so as to have the snake tribe not hairless. Don't forget that the lord you talk to have no headbands when in castles and such so ther hair is not entirely stifled.
Also I made a scene preview video of the scenes in the newest version
http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-elgante/videos
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, v0.7 (v 0.7)  » posted by saipoon on Nov 02, 2011, 06:14:20 pm
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
saipoon wrote:
Hey! I've repair the headband! It's don't look bald again!
But there's a little bug too :hammer:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3324 password : nothing (I'm serious, this is the password) :hammer: :hammer:
Thanks, but I still do prefer it without since the hair covers the headband.
Alternatively I could make it less common so as to have the snake tribe not hairless. Don't forget that the lord you talk to have no headbands when in castles and such so ther hair is not entirely stifled.
Also I made a scene preview video of the scenes in the newest version
http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-elgante/videos
good luck, then :D
IP: logged
 New Elgante, v0.8 Anniversary Editi (v 0.8)  » posted by Crossbow_Joe on Jan 30, 2012, 09:16:19 pm
New Version up now, Anniversary Edition
comment last edited by Crossbow_Joe on Jan 30, 2012, 09:16:33 pm
Showing comments 81 to 100 of 105 Showing Page 5 of 6  « First  <  3  4  5  6  > 
HomeSearchRankingsStatisticsAboutContact

Hosted by Hypernia.
Website © 2018 FenriSoft. The core site script is PHCDownload (© 2005-2018).