preload button hover image:
HomeSearchRankingsStatisticsAboutContact
Current Time: Dec 13, 2018, 12:18:56 pm
 Mount&Blade Repository » Mods » Large » New Elgante, v0.8 Anniversary Edition
      
Registration is not required to download. However, it will allow you to vote, comment, and request upload access. Forgot your password?
View this file on the M&B NexusFile Listing: New Elgante, v0.8 Anniversary Edition
Last Updated: Jan 30, 2012, 07:41:30 pm
First Created: Jan 12, 2011, 09:11:33 am
File version: 0.8
For M&B version: Warband 1.143
Downloads: 23,956 (37,937) Size: 434.67 MB
Views: 44,971 (88,017) Type: 7Z
Home:  Taleworlds Thread
Rating (12 votes): 4.2 / 5.0
Description
New Elgante
This is a singelplayer and multiplayer modification for Mount and Blade:Warband. It covers a central theme of colonists versus tribes, with tribes taking inspiration from anything from aztecs, neolithic tribes and comanches/apaches. It is based in a fictitious land on an Island called New Elgante which is occupied by seven factions. The mod aims to convert the native world to this new setting. More info can be found on the "Taleworlds Thread" link next to this entry
Features:
-A New World Map - I plan to expand this with more islands
-7 new factions:
Elgante Empire
Tribe of Snakes
The Karkans
The Rebels
The Lundmen
The Arlen Barony
The Arlen Tribe
-250+ new items
-New Character Creation Options Complete with background, skills and equipment
-New Scenes - Plenty of new scenes, both singleplayer and multiplayer.
-New Startup Quest - It is just a re-skin for now but I hope to make it lead to a full storyline.
-Eleven new Companions - With background stories!
-Firearms - it seems every mod has these, enjoy.
-New banners - thanks to Mark Quinn
-New Mercenaries - I plan to add more
-Almost completely changed UI
-Lots of new Music:
Thanks to Jon Sayles for his really great renaissance music and rejenorst
-New animations:thanks to papa lazarou
-Ten completely new multiplayer scenes with more to come - check "Maps" further down to see a list
More Metal Sounds Mod:
thanks to checkmaty
-Camp Entrenchment
-Construct-able Outposts
-Textures have been redone: new skyboxes and improved buildings by sendmesmile, real water by cptjoker, new grass originally by painbringer but I have edited it alot and expanded horizons by openshaw
-Factional Merchants/Factionised Items
-Garrison-able Villages
-Ability to create your own vassal titles
-New Skill: Foraging - thanks to jrider
-NPC interactivity - I aim to make tavern and town visits more interesting with new NPC's, currently this is only partially done. But enjoy.
-Completely new scene props - that make up the new scenes, adds to the immiersion
-Troop trees redone from native for all factions
-Ability to kill prisoners and other prisoner options
Planned Features:
Tribal armour for the snake tribe, if anybody knows of something that may suit I would love to know.
Possibly crouching could be implemented
Sea Travel
Change tournament participants - this has been done to an extent but there are some problems with it
Implement Diplomacy - Permission is granted, but I am having trouble implementing. I am not a great scripter :|
Storyline
Artillery (Maybe just for multiplayer)
After Death Cam
Factionise Items

Recruiting
Basically I can use help from any field, I will even teach you something about modding if you don't know anything though I cannot teach you coding.
A Coder would be greatly appreciated though I know that coders don't grow off trees. Just PM me or post here if you would like to help, the more the merrier! :wink:

This is a beta test
Keep in mind that this is a beta test and it is my first mod. You can help out with the mod by providing feedback on current features, ideas for future ones and offering suggestions about the current make up of the mod.
But just because it is a beta test does not mean that it is small, the finished product will be quite large so at the moment it beginning to show that. The mod is roughly 70% done.

The Team:
I have not made this mod without some dedicated help:
Nordous: Scene Editor, he has made many scenes for this mod
Comrade Temuzu: Scene Editor
Red Campbellton: Beta Tester, Scene Editor and for many suggestions
illapa: Researcher, Beta Tester

Credits:
ladanyi - for giving me a lot of help with getting started on modeling and for teachimg me how to texture. As well as being a big inspiration to make my own mod
Lueii - for uploading the original music, and although he doesn't know it convincing me to make my own mod
Havoc - for painstakingly walking me through step by step setting up the module system and adding new models/items
the eagle and the radiant cross team - for some cool hats, which make up almost all of the empire and rebel headgear. Used with permission from D'sparil
James, Luigi, RR_Raptor65, The Pope - for their OSP pack
Papa Lazarou - for his great animations
Checkmaty - for the more metal sound mod
MarkQuinn - for the better banners mod, which I used two of the banners for the Elgante Empire and Rebels. In future releases I plan to include some for player selection
Jezze and the BNL Eighty years war team - for their hat models
Belendor - for researching tribal weaponry
Thick 1988 - for his his brilliant OSP item variants mod
Azn_soul - for his scenes
Thorgrim - for his famous map editor
Silverwolf - for some hats
phoenixguard09 - for making a sub forum on the Exilian Forum
John Sayles - for his wonderful renaissance music
Kolba- for the script for Captain Ardal, who can sail you around the map.
Jinnai - for the customizable sparring matches
Lumos - for outpost script, also these people who helped make it:
Tiarilir - Original topic
cdvader - Watchtower script and help with some things for this one (and being cool too)
foxyman - Helping me for a thing or two and being cool
bobirov - Developing the Fort Kit which adds siegeable outposts, will be added in next version.
Achilles_ - Making the Outpost map icon
L00ter - Making the Fort map icon
Comrade Temuzu - for outpost scenes
rejenorst - for his battle music, which fits perfectly into mount and blade
Utrehd - for his compilation of rejenorst's music, without it I would never have known about it
The Brytenwalda Team - for tribal skins, boar helmet, watchtower scene prop
The Song of Talesin Team - for several tent scene props and pallisade props
Lucke189 - For realistic colour + taller grass
Highelfwarrior - for his building pack
Nameless Warrior - for sharing with me his factional merchants code
Nordous - for scene editing for my mod. He has made many scenes thus far.
Mark├Ârgis Khan - for a companion idea. Also the idea to set up a new companion ideas thread on the Exilian Forums.
painbringer - for his hd map texture pack. I heavily edited his plains texture though, but without it I wouldn't have made any
Openshaw - for expanded horizons
SendMeSmile - for his improved buildings, and new skyboxes
CptJoker - For his real water texture mod
Idibil - he has helped with a couple of things regarding modding, a big thanks to him :)
Red Campbellton - Beta Tester, Advisor and scene editor
Tinerfe - For his garrisonable villages script and....
gaston - for telling me what was wrong with the garrisonable villages script and thanks to him, allowing me to add it.
Pino69 - for his brilliant armour pack
You1 - for helping me with map icons
Goosemaner - for his rock and mountain pack
AlphaDelta - I indirectly used some of his textures for the snake body.
Glabrezu - for his manhunter scripts
jrider - for his foraging skill addition
Treebeard - for helping me update my mod to 1.143
Commands
More From This Author
Comments (Page 2 of 6)
IP: logged
 New Elgante, Singleplayer ready! :D (v )  » posted by teenysword on Feb 11, 2011, 05:26:19 pm
where do i save this mod???? :oops: :-? :oops:
IP: logged
 New Elgante, Singleplayer ready! :D (v )  » posted by Crossbow_Joe on Feb 11, 2011, 05:34:19 pm
Save it in
C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules
Or if you have steam
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\mountblade warband\Modules
IP: logged
 New Elgante, Singleplayer ready! :D (v )  » posted by wrc on Feb 13, 2011, 11:45:37 am
When you try to conquer Mountaintop it's like conquering fortress in plain not on the top of the hill,it should be much harder, i hope you understand me and sorry my bad english,this is not a critic just an idea,like I said before this is very nice mod and keep up the good work
IP: logged
 New Elgante, Singleplayer ready! :D (v )  » posted by Crossbow_Joe on Feb 13, 2011, 03:52:15 pm
I need to make scene props before I can try making a scene for mountaintop. But I will get on it, a storm up the mountains would certainly be epic.
If you walk around the streets of Port Horizon or Hamgild they are both new scenes. At the moment a lot of the focus is going on to the scenes. I have recruited two other people to make scenes so it will go a lot faster too :D
comment last edited by Crossbow_Joe on Feb 14, 2011, 04:35:32 am
IP: logged
 New Elgante, Singleplayer ready! :D (v )  » posted by FinXynL on Feb 19, 2011, 01:22:57 am
Have to say, this is FUN mod! :hammer: :hammer:
IP: logged
 New Elgante, Singleplayer ready! :D (v )  » posted by fameblue on Feb 19, 2011, 11:45:53 pm
this mod woill not appear in my modules bar >:( but it is extracted and in my mount and blade warband modules folder. help??? :cry:
IP: logged
 New Elgante, Singleplayer ready! :D (v )  » posted by Crossbow_Joe on Feb 20, 2011, 12:49:53 am
FinXynL wrote:
Have to say, this is FUN mod! :hammer: :hammer:
Comments like this really help to keep me motivated :-D Thanks
fameblue wrote:
this mod woill not appear in my modules bar >:( but it is extracted and in my mount and blade warband modules folder. help??? :cry:
Hmmm, that is quite puzzling. How many mods do you have in your mod folder? I doubt it is that but mods cap at 40, but it cuts the last alphabetically off first. So I doubt you would have so many for it to cut an 'N' away.
Else delete the folder you have in the modules and try extracting to it again. If it still does not work then have a look what is inside the folder and compare with native to make sure it has all the same folders and .txt. If it is missing something such as "resource" folder then it may not have completely downloaded. If thats the case download again and see if it works.
Hopefully one of those solutions works for you
comment last edited by Crossbow_Joe on Feb 20, 2011, 04:25:38 am
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, Singleplayer ready! :D (v )  » posted by fameblue on Feb 20, 2011, 09:33:55 am
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
FinXynL wrote:
Have to say, this is FUN mod! :hammer: :hammer:
Comments like this really help to keep me motivated :-D Thanks
fameblue wrote:
this mod woill not appear in my modules bar >:( but it is extracted and in my mount and blade warband modules folder. help??? :cry:
Hmmm, that is quite puzzling. How many mods do you have in your mod folder? I doubt it is that but mods cap at 40, but it cuts the last alphabetically off first. So I doubt you would have so many for it to cut an 'N' away.
Else delete the folder you have in the modules and try extracting to it again. If it still does not work then have a look what is inside the folder and compare with native to make sure it has all the same folders and .txt. If it is missing something such as "resource" folder then it may not have completely downloaded. If thats the case download again and see if it works.
Hopefully one of those solutions works for you
thx i will try this :-D after i tryed this, i noticed that new elgante didn't install a commonres folder. is that normal??? :-? :-?
other than this problem, bet this would be a great mod B-) :pint: :hammer: when i redownloaded it worked :-D :-D :hammer: :hammer:
comment last edited by fameblue on Feb 20, 2011, 09:57:26 am
IP: logged
 New Elgante, Singleplayer ready! :D (v )  » posted by wrc on Feb 20, 2011, 10:21:29 am
When can we expect a new patch? :-P
IP: logged
 New Elgante, Singleplayer ready! :D (v )  » posted by wson on Feb 20, 2011, 11:17:28 am
When i have downloaded the mod it sas that i can open it it is wierd plz help it wont work and i really want to
play this mod it looks so mtf awesome :cry: i have tried it 3 times and it always sas the same thing i cant open the file and
i am using winrar but still it wont do it. srry 4 my bad english :-)
comment last edited by wson on Feb 20, 2011, 11:18:44 am
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, Singleplayer ready! :D (v )  » posted by Crossbow_Joe on Feb 21, 2011, 12:00:26 am
wrc wrote:
When can we expect a new patch? :-P
A few weeks from now (a month at the very most) there are a lot of new features already in, with some more (fairly big) ones planned.
wson wrote:
When i have downloaded the mod it sas that i can open it it is wierd plz help it wont work and i really want to
play this mod it looks so mtf awesome :cry: i have tried it 3 times and it always sas the same thing i cant open the file and
i am using winrar but still it wont do it. srry 4 my bad english :-)
Did you use winrar to extract it?
fameblue wrote:
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
FinXynL wrote:
Have to say, this is FUN mod! :hammer: :hammer:
Comments like this really help to keep me motivated :-D Thanks
fameblue wrote:
this mod woill not appear in my modules bar >:( but it is extracted and in my mount and blade warband modules folder. help??? :cry:
Hmmm, that is quite puzzling. How many mods do you have in your mod folder? I doubt it is that but mods cap at 40, but it cuts the last alphabetically off first. So I doubt you would have so many for it to cut an 'N' away.
Else delete the folder you have in the modules and try extracting to it again. If it still does not work then have a look what is inside the folder and compare with native to make sure it has all the same folders and .txt. If it is missing something such as "resource" folder then it may not have completely downloaded. If thats the case download again and see if it works.
Hopefully one of those solutions works for you
thx i will try this :-D after i tryed this, i noticed that new elgante didn't install a commonres folder. is that normal??? :-? :-?
other than this problem, bet this would be a great mod B-) :pint: :hammer: when i redownloaded it worked :-D :-D :hammer: :hammer:
Thats great news :-)
Also realistic colours and taller grass is now implemented for the next patch (Its like polished landscapes)
comment last edited by Crossbow_Joe on Feb 21, 2011, 02:51:54 am
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, Singleplayer ready! :D (v )  » posted by fameblue on Feb 21, 2011, 09:12:41 am
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
wrc wrote:
When can we expect a new patch? :-P
A few weeks from now (a month at the very most) there are a lot of new features already in, with some more (fairly big) ones planned.
wson wrote:
When i have downloaded the mod it sas that i can open it it is wierd plz help it wont work and i really want to
play this mod it looks so mtf awesome :cry: i have tried it 3 times and it always sas the same thing i cant open the file and
i am using winrar but still it wont do it. srry 4 my bad english :-)
Did you use winrar to extract it?
fameblue wrote:
Crossbow_Joe wrote:
FinXynL wrote:
Have to say, this is FUN mod! :hammer: :hammer:
Comments like this really help to keep me motivated :-D Thanks
fameblue wrote:
this mod woill not appear in my modules bar >:( but it is extracted and in my mount and blade warband modules folder. help??? :cry:
Hmmm, that is quite puzzling. How many mods do you have in your mod folder? I doubt it is that but mods cap at 40, but it cuts the last alphabetically off first. So I doubt you would have so many for it to cut an 'N' away.
Else delete the folder you have in the modules and try extracting to it again. If it still does not work then have a look what is inside the folder and compare with native to make sure it has all the same folders and .txt. If it is missing something such as "resource" folder then it may not have completely downloaded. If thats the case download again and see if it works.
Hopefully one of those solutions works for you
thx i will try this :-D after i tryed this, i noticed that new elgante didn't install a commonres folder. is that normal??? :-? :-?
other than this problem, bet this would be a great mod B-) :pint: :hammer: when i redownloaded it worked :-D :-D :hammer: :hammer:
Thats great news :-)
Also realistic colours and taller grass is now implemented for the next patch (Its like polished landscapes)
love the character crossbow joe in the game. that is a nice touch. the only thing is i am a king, and when i try to recruit a lord, even if he says he will be safer with us and likes my court better, he won't join my kingdom :-( still great mod :hammer: :hammer:
IP: logged
 New Elgante, Singleplayer ready! :D (v )  » posted by Crossbow_Joe on Feb 21, 2011, 11:49:49 pm
Quote:
love the character crossbow joe in the game
:lol:
Quote:
the only thing is i am a king, and when i try to recruit a lord, even if he says he will be safer with us and likes my court better, he won't join my kingdom
Thats a native problem, if and when I implement Diplomacy it may fix that.
IP: logged
 New Elgante, Singleplayer ready! :D (v )  » posted by fameblue on Mar 22, 2011, 08:17:23 pm
can anybody help,? i want to make a mod, have all planned out, but how do u make a mod?????? this will be my first so please help me. :-? :-?
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, Singleplayer ready! :D (v )  » posted by fameblue on Mar 22, 2011, 08:19:40 pm
fameblue wrote:
can anybody help,? i want to make a mod, have all planned out, but how do u make a mod?????? this will be my first so please help me. :-? :-?
is there a tutorial???like a video???
IP: logged
 New Elgante, Singleplayer ready! :D (v )  » posted by Crossbow_Joe on Mar 23, 2011, 02:59:51 am
You will find most of the information you need here.
You will of course need the module system, openBRF and you might want to start out with morghs warband tools. When you get the hang of using morghs you can configure it to use the module system. Look for tutorials here.

Here is a bit of a progress report for now on the next version of New Elgante (Not uploaded yet):
Features
- Added in Jinnai's customizable sparring matches
- Added in Captain Ardal who can transport you to selected coastal towns, his medic can heal you too. Thanks to Kolba for the script
- New Tavern Scene for Port Horizon, this means that Port Horizon is almost entirely converted when it comes to travelling about in it.
- Added in Dusk Isle, not accessible till sea travel is implemented. It is a neutral town so it does not affect gameplay at the moment.
- A few new weapons for the Arlen Tribe
- Lumos's Outposts script implemented. This allows you to build outposts and forts on the map as well as enlist patrols to protect them. Most of the scenes are done, I think two are missing
- Three new companions
- The world map has been changed slightly
- New firearm on the market
- Great new battle music by rejenorst and Utrehd
- Sea travel is in, sea battles not functioning correctly yet
- Tempered's Camp entrenchment script is in. Now you can feel safe when you camp for the night. :D
- Custom Battle
- Some of Brytenwaldas skins have been implemented, with permission of course
- "Realistic colours + taller grass" graphical pack has been added
- Added in Tabuka Island, a rather exclusive and interesting tropical island where some quests will revolve around.
- 50-60 New scene props (Some of them need changing)
- New ui images for the factions when a battle commences
- New Elgante swords, I did not like the old ones so I made new ones :D
- New weapons for the snake tribe
- New Rebel Armour has been added. This adds some much needed variety to the look of the rebels
- Factional Merchants
- New Lundic and Arlen weapons
Bug Fixes
- Moved Saren off the river
- Removed Buggy Tribal Chest Plate
- Fixed a few models that had not been optimized
- Moved Coastal Raiders spawn point, they spawned in the sea
comment last edited by Crossbow_Joe on Mar 23, 2011, 03:51:12 am
IP: logged
 New Elgante, Singleplayer ready! :D (v )  » posted by Galiphile on Apr 14, 2011, 02:02:58 pm
Hey,

Is there any way you can upload the resource files for your Musketeer Hat? I can figure out how to create my own items, I just have been unable to find models/textures for that style of hat anywhere on the interwebz.

Thanks in advance,

Galiphile.
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, Singleplayer ready! :D (v )  » posted by Crossbow_Joe on Apr 15, 2011, 10:42:54 am
Galiphile wrote:
Hey,

Is there any way you can upload the resource files for your Musketeer Hat? I can figure out how to create my own items, I just have been unable to find models/textures for that style of hat anywhere on the interwebz.

Thanks in advance,

Galiphile.
Which hat in particular are you talking about? As I recall none of the hats in the current release were made by me, so if you say which one I can direct you to who made it.
If you are looking for hats in that area then I might have a few that I have made that will interest you, heres one that I have made for the next release.
hattl.png

Also there is a multiplayer event I hope to host coming up for this mod if anyone was interested. You can post here if you are, or on the forums.
IP: logged
 New Elgante, Singleplayer ready! :D (v )  » posted by Galiphile on Apr 15, 2011, 02:55:39 pm
http://img338.imageshack.us/i/37186345.jpg/

A helm along the lines of this.

Regards,

-Gali
IP: logged
 Re: New Elgante, Singleplayer ready! :D (v )  » posted by Crossbow_Joe on Apr 15, 2011, 06:56:13 pm
Galiphile wrote:
http://img338.imageshack.us/i/37186345.jpg/

A helm along the lines of this.

Regards,

-Gali
I love that hat :D
That is from the eagle and the radiant cross mod, ask D'Sparil for permission, if you are planning on releasing the mod that is. If you are not then you can use whatever you wish.
Showing comments 21 to 40 of 105 Showing Page 2 of 6  <  1  2  3  4  >  Last » 
HomeSearchRankingsStatisticsAboutContact

Hosted by Hypernia.
Website © 2018 FenriSoft. The core site script is PHCDownload (© 2005-2018).