preload button hover image:
HomeSearchRankingsStatisticsAboutContact
Current Time: Aug 16, 2018, 07:03:13 am
 Mount&Blade Repository » Mods » Large » The Gathering Storm V0.2.3 Beta Full
      
Registration is not required to download. However, it will allow you to vote, comment, and request upload access. Forgot your password?
View this file on the M&B NexusFile Listing: The Gathering Storm V0.2.3 Beta Full
Last Updated: Jan 04, 2011, 11:09:59 pm
File version: 0.2.3 Beta
For M&B version: Warband 1.134
Downloads: 6,697 Size: 190.23 MB
Views: 15,661 Type: ZIP
Home:  Taleworlds Forum
Rating (5 votes): 3.9 / 5.0
Description
The Gathering Storm
A Wheel of Time Mod
V0.2.3 Beta Full Mod

This is the full set of files needed to play The Gathering Storm V0.2.3 Beta. If you already have a previous version of the mod installed, you may wish to apply the V0.2.3 Patch.
I used the V1.126 Module System files, but the mod works on version from 1.126 to 1.134 of Warband.

Fixes:
-Fixed the problems with Merchant's Brother starting quests.
-Made the Seeker travel speed faster.
-Channeling skills now increase even if weaves are ineffective

Updated Features:
-Player will get additional XP after battles where they use channeling. This is in addition to the XP built into the item that doesn't always give XP as it should.
-Multiplayer now supports new factions and troops. Note, some channeling code only seems to work in play-modes where respawns are supported. (Deathmatch, Siege, etc.)
-If the stamina bar disappears when you die, press tab. Also, it may not show up perfectly until a bot respawns. I am not sure what causes this.

How to Install:
Download the file.
Unzip it to your desktop.
Go to the folder you just unzipped and drill down (open more and more folders) until you find one called just "The Gathering Storm".
Copy this entire folder into M&B Warband's 'Modules' folder. The path to this folder will depend on where you installed the game.

Usually here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules
or here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\mountblade warband\Modules

Then when you start Mount and Blade, pick "The Gathering Storm" module.
Commands
More From This Author
Comments
IP: logged
 The Gathering Storm V0.2.3 Beta Ful (v 0.2.3 Beta)  » posted by fvp on Jan 06, 2011, 12:50:59 pm
Hi,

I installed the mod and extracted it like I do for all the other mods but this mod isnt in the list? I go into warband and i dont see The gathering storm on the list? ive tried deleting it and reinstalling it? I have the steam version if that makes any difference.

help please,

Thank you,
fvp
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm V0.2.3 Beta Ful (v 0.2.3 Beta)  » posted by mat2rivs on Jan 06, 2011, 01:21:42 pm
fvp wrote:
Hi,

I installed the mod and extracted it like I do for all the other mods but this mod isnt in the list? I go into warband and i dont see The gathering storm on the list? ive tried deleting it and reinstalling it? I have the steam version if that makes any difference.

help please,

Thank you,
fvp
The file you downloaded will have two folders in it. One is called "The Gathering Storm". The other is 1.126 Module System files that I've modified to make the mod. You will want to copy the folder named "The Gathering Storm" and put it in the Modules Folder for Mount and Blade.

You may want to unzip to someplace like your desktop to be able to navigate and find the correct folder to copy into Mount and Blade / Modules.
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm V0.2.3 Beta Ful (v 0.2.3 Beta)  » posted by fvp on Jan 06, 2011, 01:55:56 pm
mat2rivs wrote:
fvp wrote:
Hi,

I installed the mod and extracted it like I do for all the other mods but this mod isnt in the list? I go into warband and i dont see The gathering storm on the list? ive tried deleting it and reinstalling it? I have the steam version if that makes any difference.

help please,

Thank you,
fvp
The file you downloaded will have two folders in it. One is called "The Gathering Storm". The other is 1.126 Module System files that I've modified to make the mod. You will want to copy the folder named "The Gathering Storm" and put it in the Modules Folder for Mount and Blade.

You may want to unzip to someplace like your desktop to be able to navigate and find the correct folder to copy into Mount and Blade / Modules.

um im sort of computer dumb lol.... so i delete all the old stuff then extract the gathering storm part into the mods folder? when i downloaded the mod it created its own desktop icon, im going to go try the new way.

thank you,
fvp


EDIT: i extracted the gathering storm part and left the other part alone, then i went to warband looked in the mod list but it still is not there :-( am i doing something wrong?
comment last edited by fvp on Jan 06, 2011, 02:00:48 pm
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm V0.2.3 Beta Ful (v 0.2.3 Beta)  » posted by mat2rivs on Jan 06, 2011, 10:19:09 pm
fvp wrote:
mat2rivs wrote:
fvp wrote:
Hi,

I installed the mod and extracted it like I do for all the other mods but this mod isnt in the list? I go into warband and i dont see The gathering storm on the list? ive tried deleting it and reinstalling it? I have the steam version if that makes any difference.

help please,

Thank you,
fvp
The file you downloaded will have two folders in it. One is called "The Gathering Storm". The other is 1.126 Module System files that I've modified to make the mod. You will want to copy the folder named "The Gathering Storm" and put it in the Modules Folder for Mount and Blade.

You may want to unzip to someplace like your desktop to be able to navigate and find the correct folder to copy into Mount and Blade / Modules.

um im sort of computer dumb lol.... so i delete all the old stuff then extract the gathering storm part into the mods folder? when i downloaded the mod it created its own desktop icon, im going to go try the new way.

thank you,
fvp


EDIT: i extracted the gathering storm part and left the other part alone, then i went to warband looked in the mod list but it still is not there :-( am i doing something wrong?
Download the file.
Unzip it to your desktop.
Go to the folder you just unzipped and drill down (open more and more folders) until you find one called just "The Gathering Storm".
Copy this entire folder into M&B Warband's 'Modules' folder. The path to this folder will depend on where you installed the game.

Usually here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules
or here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\mountblade warband\Modules

Then when you start Mount and Blade, just make sure you pick "The Gathering Storm" module.

If you still have problems after that, you might need to give me a more step-by-step procedure of what you are doing. Also, after you copy The Gathering Storm folder into the Modules folder, you could double check that it's contents look similar to those of the folder 'Native' which should also be in the Modules folder.
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm V0.2.3 Beta Ful (v 0.2.3 Beta)  » posted by fvp on Jan 09, 2011, 07:05:54 pm
mat2rivs wrote:
fvp wrote:
mat2rivs wrote:
fvp wrote:
Hi,

I installed the mod and extracted it like I do for all the other mods but this mod isnt in the list? I go into warband and i dont see The gathering storm on the list? ive tried deleting it and reinstalling it? I have the steam version if that makes any difference.

help please,

Thank you,
fvp
The file you downloaded will have two folders in it. One is called "The Gathering Storm". The other is 1.126 Module System files that I've modified to make the mod. You will want to copy the folder named "The Gathering Storm" and put it in the Modules Folder for Mount and Blade.

You may want to unzip to someplace like your desktop to be able to navigate and find the correct folder to copy into Mount and Blade / Modules.

um im sort of computer dumb lol.... so i delete all the old stuff then extract the gathering storm part into the mods folder? when i downloaded the mod it created its own desktop icon, im going to go try the new way.

thank you,
fvp


EDIT: i extracted the gathering storm part and left the other part alone, then i went to warband looked in the mod list but it still is not there :-( am i doing something wrong?
Download the file.
Unzip it to your desktop.
Go to the folder you just unzipped and drill down (open more and more folders) until you find one called just "The Gathering Storm".
Copy this entire folder into M&B Warband's 'Modules' folder. The path to this folder will depend on where you installed the game.

Usually here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules
or here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\mountblade warband\Modules

Then when you start Mount and Blade, just make sure you pick "The Gathering Storm" module.

If you still have problems after that, you might need to give me a more step-by-step procedure of what you are doing. Also, after you copy The Gathering Storm folder into the Modules folder, you could double check that it's contents look similar to those of the folder 'Native' which should also be in the Modules folder.

I did exactly what you said and its still not in there, im going to try to totally clear the game of any gathering storm then try to re extract it.

Edit: it didnt work heres what i did, i opened the the gethering storm folder on my desktop, i double clicked the gathering storm then i got the options module system and the gathering storm. I extracted the gathering storm part( not the module system part) to warband modules. I then exited after it was done installing and went into warband, on the list it says : Diplomacy and conquest, 1257 AD, Brytenwalda, prophesy of pendor and teatrc. the gathering storm still snt in there, am i doing something wrong?

thank you,
fvp
comment last edited by fvp on Jan 09, 2011, 07:16:24 pm
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm V0.2.3 Beta Ful (v 0.2.3 Beta)  » posted by mat2rivs on Jan 09, 2011, 09:01:01 pm
Just to be sure, your modules folder contains a Native and The Gathering Storm folder like this?
help1x.png
And when you open The Gathering Storm folder, it looks like this?
help2u.png
If so, then the mod should be showing up for you to play.
comment last edited by mat2rivs on Jan 09, 2011, 09:02:39 pm
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm V0.2.3 Beta Ful (v 0.2.3 Beta)  » posted by fvp on Jan 10, 2011, 02:31:12 pm
mat2rivs wrote:
Just to be sure, your modules folder contains a Native and The Gathering Storm folder like this?
help1x.png
And when you open The Gathering Storm folder, it looks like this?
help2u.png
If so, then the mod should be showing up for you to play.

My stuff looks exactly like that? idk why it isnt showing up. I have the updated warband 1.134 and i ahve the exact 43 items in the folder and everything and native is in the mods folder.
comment last edited by fvp on Jan 10, 2011, 02:31:40 pm
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm V0.2.3 Beta Ful (v 0.2.3 Beta)  » posted by mat2rivs on Jan 10, 2011, 07:17:13 pm
Have you tried downloading the files again? Sometimes they get corrupted during the download.
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm V0.2.3 Beta Ful (v 0.2.3 Beta)  » posted by scottylog on Jan 12, 2011, 10:15:31 pm
mat2rivs wrote:
Have you tried downloading the files again? Sometimes they get corrupted during the download.





i have it all copied to the right spot, and the game will start, but about halfway through the load bar, the game fails and i get a error code

cant load commonres\weapon_meshes_e.brf

how do i fix it?
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm V0.2.3 Beta Ful (v 0.2.3 Beta)  » posted by mat2rivs on Jan 13, 2011, 11:09:30 am
scottylog wrote:
i have it all copied to the right spot, and the game will start, but about halfway through the load bar, the game fails and i get a error code

cant load commonres\weapon_meshes_e.brf

how do i fix it?
That error shouldn't be occuring. Commonres is where Warband holds the meshes that are used by all modules. I didn't edit any of that stuff. My changes are all contained in "The Gathering Storm" folder that you should have pasted into the Modules folder.

Try to open Mount and Blade using Native. If that doesn't work, then you might have pasted the mod files into the wrong area. If that's the case, then you might have to re-install the game. If Native does work, then you probably need to delete the mod files, re-download them, and then follow the install instructions again.

You should be able to make the mod work if you follow the install instructions I posted. If it fails, then your best bet is to try redownloading and adding the mod again. I know that the files I uploaded work. If they didn't then some of the regulars in the Taleworlds forums would have let me know if none of them were able to get it to work.

If you still have problems, then I'd suggest navigating to the modules folder, and take a look at the files in "Native". Get familiar with what files and folders should be present. Then, when you add the new folder that contains my mod, make sure that at a glance, it's contents look almost the same.
IP: logged
 The Gathering Storm V0.2.3 Beta Ful (v 0.2.3 Beta)  » posted by boitev on Apr 08, 2011, 05:14:44 am
Sorry i just saw it needed version 1.27-1.34 i upgraded and everythink works great! great mod . I've read all of the books and the mod is very close to the book! TNx
comment last edited by boitev on Apr 13, 2011, 12:08:27 pm
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm V0.2.3 Beta Ful (v 0.2.3 Beta)  » posted by tupums on May 14, 2011, 11:51:55 am
mat2rivs wrote:
scottylog wrote:
i have it all copied to the right spot, and the game will start, but about halfway through the load bar, the game fails and i get a error code

cant load commonres\weapon_meshes_e.brf

how do i fix it?
That error shouldn't be occuring. Commonres is where Warband holds the meshes that are used by all modules. I didn't edit any of that stuff. My changes are all contained in "The Gathering Storm" folder that you should have pasted into the Modules folder.

Try to open Mount and Blade using Native. If that doesn't work, then you might have pasted the mod files into the wrong area. If that's the case, then you might have to re-install the game. If Native does work, then you probably need to delete the mod files, re-download them, and then follow the install instructions again.

You should be able to make the mod work if you follow the install instructions I posted. If it fails, then your best bet is to try redownloading and adding the mod again. I know that the files I uploaded work. If they didn't then some of the regulars in the Taleworlds forums would have let me know if none of them were able to get it to work.

If you still have problems, then I'd suggest navigating to the modules folder, and take a look at the files in "Native". Get familiar with what files and folders should be present. Then, when you add the new folder that contains my mod, make sure that at a glance, it's contents look almost the same.

Hi. I have read all comments I got the same problem- error with module not found. Only I have version 1.134 and Native is working. Are you sure this game works on 1.134?
IP: logged
 Re: The Gathering Storm V0.2.3 Beta Ful (v 0.2.3 Beta)  » posted by mat2rivs on May 14, 2011, 12:51:43 pm
tupums wrote:
mat2rivs wrote:
scottylog wrote:
i have it all copied to the right spot, and the game will start, but about halfway through the load bar, the game fails and i get a error code

cant load commonres\weapon_meshes_e.brf

how do i fix it?
That error shouldn't be occuring. Commonres is where Warband holds the meshes that are used by all modules. I didn't edit any of that stuff. My changes are all contained in "The Gathering Storm" folder that you should have pasted into the Modules folder.

Try to open Mount and Blade using Native. If that doesn't work, then you might have pasted the mod files into the wrong area. If that's the case, then you might have to re-install the game. If Native does work, then you probably need to delete the mod files, re-download them, and then follow the install instructions again.

You should be able to make the mod work if you follow the install instructions I posted. If it fails, then your best bet is to try redownloading and adding the mod again. I know that the files I uploaded work. If they didn't then some of the regulars in the Taleworlds forums would have let me know if none of them were able to get it to work.

If you still have problems, then I'd suggest navigating to the modules folder, and take a look at the files in "Native". Get familiar with what files and folders should be present. Then, when you add the new folder that contains my mod, make sure that at a glance, it's contents look almost the same.

Hi. I have read all comments I got the same problem- error with module not found. Only I have version 1.134 and Native is working. Are you sure this game works on 1.134?
Yep, the mod works for 1.134 of Mount&Blade:Warband. Again, I can only suggest you delete 'The Gathering Storm' folder from you Modules folder, and then redownload the mod. (And only insert 'The Gathering Storm' folder (not the module system stuff) into your Modules folder.) Also, be sure to patch the mod to v0.2.5. If the mod didn't work for everyone, then the folks on the forum would be letting me know. Good luck!
mat
HomeSearchRankingsStatisticsAboutContact

Hosted by Hypernia.
Website © 2018 FenriSoft. The core site script is PHCDownload (© 2005-2018).