preload button hover image:
HomeSearchRankingsStatisticsAboutContact
Current Time: Dec 14, 2018, 05:39:06 am
 Mount&Blade Repository » Mods » New Items/People » OSP Indo-Persian Armor II
      
Registration is not required to download. However, it will allow you to vote, comment, and request upload access. Forgot your password?
View this file on the M&B NexusFile Listing: OSP Indo-Persian Armor II
Last Updated: Nov 20, 2010, 01:08:42 am
File version: 1
For M&B version: 1.010/1.011
Downloads: 1,779 Size: 6.11 MB
Views: 12,960 Type: ZIP
Home:  Visit Homepage
Rating (5 votes): 3.9 / 5.0
Description
A new collection of mail, quilted and scale armors of Indo-Persian inspiration. Most of these are meant for the southern Indian kingdoms in Battle for Hindustan, but feel free to use them in your own mods! Just include me in the credits, and let me see some screenshots so I can enjoy your work too.

hindustan-new-armors-preview.jpg
Commands
More From This Author
Comments
IP: logged
 OSP Indo-Persian Armor II (v 1)  » posted by newgunz2008 on Nov 20, 2010, 12:06:54 pm
DUDE those look AWESOME!! I want to definitely put them in the game but.. I have no idea how to add them :oops:
I downloaded it but I didn't see an item_kinds list, I downloaded the tutorials for coding too but I still have no idea how to add these :-(
Could you explain or give a short summary on what to do with these files and how to actually add them? cause I want these and many others so badly but not all of them have that list for the items_kinds, so again could you please tell me what I need to add them and what to do!
comment last edited by newgunz2008 on Nov 20, 2010, 12:07:46 pm
IP: logged
 Re: OSP Indo-Persian Armor II (v 1)  » posted by drakharios on Nov 22, 2010, 03:22:36 am
newgunz2008 wrote:
DUDE those look AWESOME!! I want to definitely put them in the game but.. I have no idea how to add them :oops:
I downloaded it but I didn't see an item_kinds list, I downloaded the tutorials for coding too but I still have no idea how to add these :-(
Could you explain or give a short summary on what to do with these files and how to actually add them? cause I want these and many others so badly but not all of them have that list for the items_kinds, so again could you please tell me what I need to add them and what to do!

simple. copy the brf file to your Resource folder. copy the dds files to your Textures folder. download the Item Editor from here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,27735.15.html. use the item editor to clone armors similar in stats to what you want to insert, and then simply change the item ID and mesh name.

for example, i want to insert southern_armor_a as a variant of the lamellar armor. find lamellar armor using the Item Editor, clone it, go to the clone, change the id lamellar_armor_a or whatever to my_armor or whatever name you want, then change the mesh from lamellar_armor_a to southern_armor_a.

be careful of spelling and capitalization. i use no caps in my item and mesh names. if you make a mistake here, the item will not be read correctly.

IP: logged
 OSP Indo-Persian Armor II (v 1)  » posted by newgunz2008 on Nov 22, 2010, 11:57:28 am
THANKS!! :green:
IP: logged
 OSP Indo-Persian Armor II (v 1)  » posted by clickstyle on Dec 07, 2010, 08:41:57 pm
What exactly do you mean by cloning? I dont see a clone option when i bring up the item that I want to clone to use for your armor. I'm new to this as well so I dont want to mess something up by guessing on what to do. thanks in advance
IP: logged
 Re: OSP Indo-Persian Armor II (v 1)  » posted by drakharios on Dec 08, 2010, 06:57:45 am
clickstyle wrote:
What exactly do you mean by cloning? I dont see a clone option when i bring up the item that I want to clone to use for your armor. I'm new to this as well so I dont want to mess something up by guessing on what to do. thanks in advance

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6687.msg98377.html#msg98377
IP: logged
 OSP Indo-Persian Armor II (v 1)  » posted by clickstyle on Dec 08, 2010, 04:37:58 pm
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6687.msg98377.html#msg98377


Thanks for the speedy reply, but it didnt seem to answer my question. The link that is a couple messages up that is the item editor does not have a "clone" or "copy" option in the edit. It only has an insert here or at the end option. Is that what im supposed to use at the clone? Thanks in advance
IP: logged
 Re: OSP Indo-Persian Armor II (v 1)  » posted by drakharios on Dec 10, 2010, 08:39:21 am
clickstyle wrote:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6687.msg98377.html#msg98377


Thanks for the speedy reply, but it didnt seem to answer my question. The link that is a couple messages up that is the item editor does not have a "clone" or "copy" option in the edit. It only has an insert here or at the end option. Is that what im supposed to use at the clone? Thanks in advance

Yes, when I said 'clone' I meant 'copy and paste'.
IP: logged
 Re: OSP Indo-Persian Armor II (v 1)  » posted by clickstyle on Dec 10, 2010, 04:36:20 pm
drakharios wrote:
clickstyle wrote:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6687.msg98377.html#msg98377


Thanks for the speedy reply, but it didnt seem to answer my question. The link that is a couple messages up that is the item editor does not have a "clone" or "copy" option in the edit. It only has an insert here or at the end option. Is that what im supposed to use at the clone? Thanks in advance

Yes, when I said 'clone' I meant 'copy and paste'.
Once again thanks for the response. I went ahead and used the insert as the copy and i did as you said with the instructions of adding the brf file and dropping all the meshes in the texture file and the changing of the id and meshes so that they would work, but when i started up a new game it keep saying that it couldnt find the new meshes. I made sure that all the id's was original and that the meshes was spelled correctly, but it still didnt work so I have no idea what im doing wrong. I figured this would be easier than when i was modding nwn, but I guess not. /shrug Thanks in advance if you decide to respond and tell me what im doing wrong. ;-)
IP: logged
 OSP Indo-Persian Armor II (v 1)  » posted by AboakseeRed on Apr 26, 2011, 10:32:16 am
I've been using these in my mod i'm working on. They look beautifuL! However unfortunatly for some reason on my mod they dont take on the light properly so they look really "plastic": http://img62.imageshack.us/i/mb31.jpg
IP: logged
 Re: OSP Indo-Persian Armor II (v 1)  » posted by drakharios on Apr 26, 2011, 10:40:14 am
AboakseeRed wrote:
I've been using these in my mod i'm working on. They look beautifuL! However unfortunatly for some reason on my mod they dont take on the light properly so they look really "plastic": http://img62.imageshack.us/i/mb31.jpg

You can try changing the shader for the armor materials in brfedit or openbrf to 'iron shader'
IP: logged
 Re: OSP Indo-Persian Armor II (v 1)  » posted by AboakseeRed on Apr 27, 2011, 01:18:04 pm
drakharios wrote:
AboakseeRed wrote:
I've been using these in my mod i'm working on. They look beautifuL! However unfortunatly for some reason on my mod they dont take on the light properly so they look really "plastic": http://img62.imageshack.us/i/mb31.jpg

You can try changing the shader for the armor materials in brfedit or openbrf to 'iron shader'

I'm working my way through various shaders with mixed results.
nospecular_shader_noskin_bump_high is the best atm.
comment last edited by AboakseeRed on Apr 27, 2011, 01:41:42 pm
HomeSearchRankingsStatisticsAboutContact

Hosted by Hypernia.
Website © 2018 FenriSoft. The core site script is PHCDownload (© 2005-2018).