preload button hover image:
HomeSearchRankingsStatisticsAboutContact
Current Time: Feb 20, 2018, 02:59:53 pm
 Mount&Blade Repository » Modding Tools » Factionize items tool
      
Registration is not required to download. However, it will allow you to vote, comment, and request upload access. Forgot your password?
View this file on the M&B NexusFile Listing: Factionize items tool
Last Updated: Apr 29, 2011, 04:15:58 pm
First Created: Jun 01, 2010, 12:41:56 pm
File version: 1.01
For M&B version: Warband 1.1xx
Downloads: 2,326 (3,505) Size: 1 KB
Views: 3,406 (5,040) Type: ZIP
Home:  Visit Homepage
Rating (0 votes): Unrated
Description
What is that

This is a small tool to put in sync a faction field of items and its current distribution of items between troops.
So in swadian towns traders will not sell items that are not used by swadian troops, but used by at least on of other major faction. Same for other major factions.
But all trades still will sell all neutral items (used only by bandits or not used).

How to use

Factionize items works with python files.
You need to extract file from archive (factionize_items.bat and factionize_items.py) to pythonic module folder.
Run factionize_items.bat.
After that you will get file module_items_factionize.py that will contain module_items_factionize.py with synced items factions.
Of course you still need to rename module_items_factionize.py to module_items.py to get results in your module.

By default the tool does not touch items if they already have faction filed. To override such behavior you need to open factionize_items.py and change
keep_old_faction=1
to
keep_old_faction=0

1.01
- Minor fix.
Commands
More From This Author
Comments
IP: logged
 Factionize items tool (v 1.0)  » posted by KillDaKhergitzZz! on Jun 20, 2010, 04:59:53 am
Lemme get this straight, cuz I dun get it.... So this works like this:

In Sargoth (Nords), you can only buy Nordic Helms, Nordic Sword, Cuir Bouilli, Axes, etc
In Tulga (Khergit), you can only buy Lamellar, Khergit Helm, Cav Shield, etc
In Praven (Swadia), you can only buy Winged Helm, Bastard Sword, Plate Armor, Coat Of Plates, etc
In Jelkala (Rhodok), you can only buy Board Shield, Pike, Kettle Hat/Helm, Spiked Helm, etc
In Reyvadin (Vaegir), you can only buy Lamellar Vest, Nomad Armor, Sabre, Nomad Bow, etc
In Shariz (Sarranid, Warband only), you can only buy Sarranid Sword, Worn Robe, Turban, Mamluke Armor, etc

What about the cities that are annexed? (eg: Rhodoks capture Praven)

And I think this is isn't a good tool because if you're at war with one faction and you want to use an item from that faction, you'll have to bother with sneaking, evading, the lot...
IP: logged
 Re: Factionize items tool (v 1.0)  » posted by Rongar on Jun 20, 2010, 05:32:02 am
KillDaKhergitzZz! wrote:
In Sargoth (Nords), you can only buy Nordic Helms, Nordic Sword, Cuir Bouilli, Axes, etc
<...>
Somewhat like that. But actually there are a lot of neutral items (items that aren't used by faction troops) that can be bought anywhere and items that are used by multiple faction at same time, so they appear in towns of different faction.
KillDaKhergitzZz! wrote:
What about the cities that are annexed? (eg: Rhodoks capture Praven)
Current sellers update code (1.125) takes into account a faction of town, so the production after seizing is alerted. Moreover in player's faction towns only neutral items will be produced.
You can easily change this behavior. If you change in module_triggers for each sellers inventory refresh code
from
Code:
(store_sub, ":cur_town", <...>), (val_add, ":cur_town", towns_begin), (store_faction_of_party, ":cur_faction", ":cur_town"),
to
Code:
(store_sub, ":cur_town", <...>), (val_add, ":cur_town", towns_begin), (party_get_slot,":cur_faction",":cur_town",slot_center_original_faction),
production will depend on an original faction.
KillDaKhergitzZz! wrote:
And I think this is isn't a good tool because if you're at war with one faction and you want to use an item from that faction, you'll have to bother with sneaking, evading, the lot...
It's up to you. For me it was never problem to get enemy equipment, 'cause there was plenty of it in loot. Much more difficult was to aline with own faction.
comment last edited by Rongar on Jun 20, 2010, 05:33:17 am
IP: logged
 Re: Factionize items tool (v 1.0)  » posted by KillDaKhergitzZz! on Jun 22, 2010, 07:59:54 am
KillDaKhergitzZz! wrote:
And I think this is isn't a good tool because if you're at war with one faction and you want to use an item from that faction, you'll have to bother with sneaking, evading, the lot...
It's up to you. For me it was never problem to get enemy equipment, 'cause there was plenty of it in loot. Much more difficult was to aline with own faction.

[/quote]


Well, It's hard to get high-level items such as BALANCED TEMPERED BASTARD SWORD from your enemies, and high level armor mostly comes in tattered or battered form, so looting might give you easy money, but to get the real stuff you'd have to sneak in anyways :green:
IP: logged
 Re: Factionize items tool (v 1.0)  » posted by Rongar on Jun 22, 2010, 08:42:40 am
KillDaKhergitzZz! wrote:
Well, It's hard to get high-level items such as BALANCED TEMPERED BASTARD SWORD from your enemies
Because there isn't BALANCED TEMPERED BASTARD SWORD, is there?
And actually you don't need to sneak, you may try to make truce or change a faction or set production depends to origin faction and seize an enemy town -- there are enough opportunities.
IP: logged
 Re: Factionize items tool (v 1.0)  » posted by KillDaKhergitzZz! on Jun 23, 2010, 10:46:26 pm
Rongar wrote:
Because there isn't BALANCED TEMPERED BASTARD SWORD, is there?
And actually you don't need to sneak, you may try to make truce or change a faction or set production depends to origin faction and seize an enemy town -- there are enough opportunities.

[/quote]

Sorry, I mean TEMPERED HEAVY BASTARD SWORD, but yeah, what you say might work.
HomeSearchRankingsStatisticsAboutContact

Hosted by Hypernia.
Website © 2018 FenriSoft. The core site script is PHCDownload (© 2005-2018).